Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speedemonV12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
hey guys was just getting into IRC, and was wondering if you guys had any fav channels that you go to, for mac news, mac chat, rumor chat, or just general things ...post up:)

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
vniow said:
There's the official Macrumors channel on irc.krono.net #macrumors and that's pretty much the only one I visit, aside form a sister channel on the same network.
I've always wondered if much goes on there. Do many people use it?

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
just come show up in #macrumors and if we like you we'll invite you in :) but seriously, it's a great place, when people are talking we have a lot of fun.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
:eek: we sound so elitist :(

well, our channel was originally and still is for the regulars at #macrumors or people we know well on these forums and our friends and doesn't have any rules in place (except..maybe...respecting each other? lol), very casual, so, yeah...

Umm, I'm in too many channels hehe. My favorites, not that i talk in them, but....are like all the ones on freenode (#gentoo, #ubuntu, etc.), and on some networks that probably can't be mentioned here cause they're about p2p and stuff.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the rules are their are no rules.

apart from the F word for some reason anything gos

speedemonV12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
anyone having trouble connecting to it today?, for somereason i cannot connect to irc.krono.net

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
speedemonV12 said:
anyone having trouble connecting to it today?, for somereason i cannot connect to irc.krono.net

just hit reconnect a couple times, it happens all the time.

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
I recall there to be a few other amateur radio operators on the forum. There is irc.radiochat.org which as #cqdx for DX (the hams here know what it is) and #wwyc (For worldwide young contesters). These are my two favorites, and so if there are any hams that see it, they might want to check them out.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
speedemonV12 said:
ive been tryin for the past 10 min :( i was looking foreward to this all day
Colloquy and some other clients are having trouble connecting to that network for some reason :S No idea why. Try with another client (irssi, bitchx, xchat, xchat aqua, whatever) again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.