irc issues since tiger upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amemoryoncelost, Nov 24, 2005.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

Finally decided to take the tiger plunge and have been mostly satisfied besides my issues with IRC.
    First, my computer and the other basics. I'm running a DP 800 quicksilver. Dialup and I know next to nothing about command lines and terminal. I've read a bit on here and macosxhints about enabling ident and all that and most of it's over my head.
    I had no problems on 10.3.9. I didn't have to adjust any settings in the system pref panel and I dont have a firewall or anything, just downloaded the program and used it. By the way, I think I tried them all before finally settling on conversation.(Snak, colloquy and one other).
    I did the upgrade two days ago, downloaded conversation 2.14 and have not been able to connect to a single server. Am I missing something obvious here, do I need to enable ident or whatever it is?

Sorry if this is vague or I sound stupid, ust don't know much about this stuff, never had problems before...

thanks for any help ya'll can give me!

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Conversation works fine for me... :confused:

What I do to connect to a New channel is to a) Find the server b) find the Channel c) add channel to favorites d) open that channel from favorites (see attachments). (You can of course do c) and d) in one step... ;))

Just added macosxhints as a test and it still works... ;)

I've not opened any ports in the Firewall or had to tweak Conversation in any way...

Attached Files: