Irc?

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by shrimpdesign, Jan 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Is there an IRC chat this year?

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I tried irc.krono.net and irc.macrumorslive.com ... no one in the macrumorslive one, and krono.net doesn't work.

4. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Good point...thanks for checking. I'll leave a note for Knox...hopefully he can provide more info when that side of the world wakes up in a bit.

5. Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

irc.krono.net #macrumors is the 'official' IRC channel and is open all year round. During the keynote itself it will contain the live feed and will be moderated so you won't be able to speak, while discussion takes place in #macrumorschat.

irc.macrumorslive.com is a temporary server and is only used for the keynotes. Again, #macrumors is where the feed is while #macrumorschat is for discussion.

Krono should be working again, but irc.macrumorslive.com will have a lot more servers on it so is more likely to cope.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Thanks for the clarification, Knox. I had fun on the IRC channel last Stevenote.

7. macrumors 6502

illitrate23

yep, thanks for the recap of info Knox - i've now got it running via Colloquy on my iPhone