iRiver H140 with iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tembusu, Jul 29, 2004.

1. tembusu macrumors newbie

Has anyone linked a iRiver H140 to an ibook to transfer songs and files? Guess it will not be compatible with iTunes!!

2. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

iHP-1xx series was never designed to work with iTunes.
    I haven't tried installing software for my PB with my iHP-120, but I don't think it will work as well as PC. iRiver has always had better PC support for their products.

3. tembusu thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a shop with the H120. Box says mac OS 10 and Windows. but the staff was not able to say if it will work with iTunes. As an MP3 player their recommendation was the H140 as it was $80 cheaper and has radio, remote and better battery life.

4. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

visit www.misticriver.net

it is like ipodlounge.com for ipod. Made for iRiver products. But from my personal experience, it doesn't offer the clear compatibilitywith Mac, with music transfer, this isn't an issue but if you want to do more..... I assure you that it isn't compatible with iTunes. iTunes only support iPods and possibly future Apple players.

I really don't want to try my iHP-120 with the Mac right now, but music transfer for iHP-120 or 140 only involves dragging and dropping music files. AAC isn't supported...

5. minton macrumors member

The iriver was specifically designed for people annoyed with the quirks and drm issues of music management software (itunes included). It shows up as an external hard drive on any platform. If drag and drop and organizing your music based on folder structure instead of tags doesn't appeal to you, I wouldn't recommend the iriver.