iRiver IHP-120 and OS X...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by TENBLUE7™, Jun 7, 2004.

1. TENBLUE7™ macrumors member

...Hello all, I'm in the process of buying my first mp3 player as you'd imagine the 20gb iPod is first choice but I've been made aware of the iRiver IHP-120 which I can get a lot cheaper and has much more features and extras than an iPod.

iRiver Link

Done a few searches on google and most of the feedback says that they are useless with OS X (I'm on 10.3.4) and I'll need to buy a USB 2 card as I'm running a dual 500.

So does anyone own one? Or have knowledge as to how good or bad they are with OS X? I hate to betray apple but iPods as you are well aware are a fortune over here in the UK and the iRiver has a lot more features for the money.

Many Thanks Christian.

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

get an ipod I garantee you will not use all those Features it is bigger that the ipod and i find the desighn emarassing I dont know about OSX compatibility but i would consider a refurb ipod here:

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/refurb/uk/

£240 for a 20 gig ipod last time i checked it's where I got mine from and i highly recomend it

it's the desighn the ease of use and the seemless intergration How often are you going to record? maby once when you get it sure you can think of uses record lectures, radio ect. but you will never bother

the ipod is exeadingly cool as a extra bonus. those features are useless

3. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Well, if you didn't have a mac, I'd say get an iRiver... WAY better battery life (about 10 MORE hours than an iPod), LCD remote... which are two important things to me.

But since you do have a mac, the iPod is going to integrate much better... iTunes is a blessing.

So... I'm not sure what to tell you... :confused:

4. TENBLUE7™ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...

...Many thanks for the replies gents - I'll be giving the refurb store a look - I'm after a dual 1.25 as well for work.

I reckon I will go for the 20gb iPod - the iRiver does look a bit naff but the features and the remote look really good and especially in black.

I just hope the new iPod isn't announced at WWDC.

Cheers Christian.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

scince when is 16 hours 10 hours more than the ipod in reality it probably get's 14 just how the ipod get's 7 i would recommend geting one of these when your battery go's kuput http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenter.htm

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Apple will be releasing new iPods very shortly (most likely at WWDC). They should be 20GB, 40GB and 60GB. So I would wait until then, then you can ether get one of the new iPods or get an old one at a discounted price.

7. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i'll eat my ibook if apple realeses a 60gb HD toshiba will be going into production in september i am not ruling the possibility of new ipods but not at 60GB maby wireless ones that work with airport express but i dont know