Irritating auto update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by northernbaldy, Jun 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2010
    the north, UK
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before (this is a busy forum)

But, auto update! It's driving me nuts
    When on cellular, apps will still try to auto update, even if update over cellular is switched off!
    It tries to download, then realises you have update over cellular switched off, but that locks the app out until you connect to wifi!

When I get home, I'll report it to apple (unless someone on here has already)
  2. macrumors 68040

Sep 21, 2012
    In the middle of several books.
    It has already been mentioned. A lot of people are frustrated. I turned auto update off.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2013
    As soon as they announced it at the keynote, I knew that auto update was a "feature" I didn't want. I never update apps that are important to me until I check the reviews. I'm sure we've all seen cases where there is suddenly a string of one-star reviews with comments like, "They broke it. Whatever you do, don't update!"

I wouldn't mind auto update if there were also a way to revert to the previous version if you decide you don't like the update.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2013
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You can also delete the app on your iPhone then go home and reinstall via iTunes. Unless you updated the version on your computer you'll have the previous version
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2008
    I just disable App Store in the Cell Data app usage properties. Not sure if that takes care of it only occurring only over Wifi but my usage for Software Updates over Cell is only 191kb (which is likely an app that was updated prior to me disabling AppStore over Cell).
  7. macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2009
    I love auto update. I disdain seeing red notifications days on end if I don't update my apps myself.