Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
So i wass just sitting in my room and i thought of how cool it would be if i could mount that monitor on my wall and lay down to work. This leads me to this thread. Is it possible to mount it? I plan to purchase one next time there is a real big sale on them again. Thanks in advance.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Indeed it is. From the 2005FPW page on Dell's site:

Features: Automatic Setup Adjustment, Kensington Lock Slot, 100 mm VESA Mounting, Height Adjustable Stand Included
The VESA thing's what you're looking for. You should be able to buy any VESA-compliant mounting arm and hook it to the back of the display, replacing the stand that comes with it.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
sweet

that would be amazing. i dont think id get anything done but it would be so fun for watching movies and styuff like that. how much would that vesa mount be? Also does anyone know when the next major sale on them might be? Thanks for the fast replies

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
ahahahahahah i hadnt thought about it in that way until you mentioned it adn i have a pretty sick mind. i probably didnt notice it cause i wasnt exactly in my right mind when i wrote it. i was just thinking it would be sweet to do so i figured id ask and have my mind blown away if you catch my drift

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
rikers_mailbox said:
I'm also planning on picking one up next time there's a good deal. Where do you look to find the sale?

I usually check http://www.techbargains.com/, is there anything better?

Dealnews.com is another good one... but they have a lot of overlap. I find that Techbargains reports a lot of things that are sort of the usual... like they will have fifty entries for free cellphones on Amazon, and you have to wade through them. :rolleyes: But if you keyword search, they're pretty equivalent....

I'm kind of waiting on Dell deals too...I kind of have a jonesing for an x50v to use just as a super-lazy, too-lazy-to-sit-up-straight wireless browsing device. :D

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
mkrishnan said:
Dealnews.com is another good one... but they have a lot of overlap. I find that Techbargains reports a lot of things that are sort of the usual... like they will have fifty entries for free cellphones on Amazon, and you have to wade through them. :rolleyes: But if you keyword search, they're pretty equivalent....

I'm kind of waiting on Dell deals too...I kind of have a jonesing for an x50v to use just as a super-lazy, too-lazy-to-sit-up-straight wireless browsing device. :D

No sorting required. Use this url for Dell specific coupons on Techbargains.

http://www.techbargains.com/dellcoupons.cfm

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
great Dell deals!

I know... ooooold thread....

But the Dell deal I have been waiting for is available. 2005FPW 20.1 inch wide-screen LCD for $394.35. I picked one up! :D Can't wait.

looky

Have fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.