Is 2005FPW Mountable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davefan6435, Aug 28, 2005.

1. davefan6435 macrumors regular

So i wass just sitting in my room and i thought of how cool it would be if i could mount that monitor on my wall and lay down to work. This leads me to this thread. Is it possible to mount it? I plan to purchase one next time there is a real big sale on them again. Thanks in advance.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, it's compatible with a 100mm VESA wall mount. :)

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Indeed it is. From the 2005FPW page on Dell's site:

The VESA thing's what you're looking for. You should be able to buy any VESA-compliant mounting arm and hook it to the back of the display, replacing the stand that comes with it.

4. davefan6435 thread starter macrumors regular

sweet

that would be amazing. i dont think id get anything done but it would be so fun for watching movies and styuff like that. how much would that vesa mount be? Also does anyone know when the next major sale on them might be? Thanks for the fast replies

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

6. davefan6435 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a ton everyone. cant wait for this monitor to be on sale again. it will be mine immedately

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Sorry, my sick perverted mind couldn't stop me laughing when I saw the title of this thread.

8. davefan6435 thread starter macrumors regular

ahahahahahah i hadnt thought about it in that way until you mentioned it adn i have a pretty sick mind. i probably didnt notice it cause i wasnt exactly in my right mind when i wrote it. i was just thinking it would be sweet to do so i figured id ask and have my mind blown away if you catch my drift

9. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

I'm also planning on picking one up next time there's a good deal. Where do you look to find the sale?

I usually check http://www.techbargains.com/, is there anything better?

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Dealnews.com is another good one... but they have a lot of overlap. I find that Techbargains reports a lot of things that are sort of the usual... like they will have fifty entries for free cellphones on Amazon, and you have to wade through them. :rolleyes: But if you keyword search, they're pretty equivalent....

I'm kind of waiting on Dell deals too...I kind of have a jonesing for an x50v to use just as a super-lazy, too-lazy-to-sit-up-straight wireless browsing device. :D

11. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

No sorting required. Use this url for Dell specific coupons on Techbargains.

http://www.techbargains.com/dellcoupons.cfm

12. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

i might be selling my dell 2005fpw if i end up getting an imac. i'll sell it for 375 shipped. but i still have to think about what i really want to do. by the way, it's a really sweet monitor

13. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

14. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have one wall mounted in my bedroom for watching TV (with a Mac Mini with Eye TV) :) it's really cool :D

15. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

great Dell deals!

I know... ooooold thread....

But the Dell deal I have been waiting for is available. 2005FPW 20.1 inch wide-screen LCD for $394.35. I picked one up! :D Can't wait.

looky

Have fun.

16. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

I just got one too - early Christmas present! They're saying it should ship by the coming Thurs. Can't wait. :D