Is $60 a good deal for a Wallstreet?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Nermal, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I found this for sale:

"G3 233mhz laptop. I have had this sitting around for a while and have never got round to sorting it out. basically it hangs on start up, usually on the happy mac icon. Sometimes it just starts up no problem. I think it might be a dodgy ram stick or hd, apart from that its in good condition, bar a small scratch on the lid (see photo) suit someone who can tinker around abit and sort it out, but I am selling as is."

It's about $60, anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem might be, and do you think it's worth getting?

Presumably it's a Wallstreet, all 233s are Wallstreets aren't they? It comes with the power supply and a zip drive.

2. pEZ macrumors 6502

Considering you can kiss OS X goodbye on it, yeah. With a little work, OS 9.2 will work great.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

4. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'll find out whether it comes with the CDs and everything first - I've only got 10.2.1 CDs here, and I'm guessing I might not be able to boot off them if there's not enough memory - not sure how much it comes with.

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Never mind, someone else has offered $150 for it and that's out of my price range for something I don't really need.

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

with older gear, if you can't use it in your life as it is now, don't get it...at any price

and the same goes with new gear that is too powerful for your needs...even at a great price

what i do first is determine my needs, find some machines that will fill that need, and consider price, warranty, reviews, etc.. and then pick the best one

right now i am considering an ibook with combo drive as my next computer, but i don't need the 14 inch screen and the powerbook 12 inch is super nice but pricey at 1799

wait, oops, now at 1599, that changes the picture:p