Is a hot MBP covered by Warranty?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by erkanasu, Jul 12, 2006.

1. erkanasu macrumors 6502

So i have the first generation MBP, love it, but its frickin Hot. Would that be covered by warranty?

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Define "Hot" :my G4 Powerbook would burn my legs if its on exposed flesh, but this is considered normal operation.

3. twentyone macrumors newbie

I don't believe it is. You can always talk to AppleCare. My buddy's got a MBP and it gets extremely roasty toasty. Even if it's just sitting there. I believe if the fans were elsewhere on the MBP that it would cool more efficiently because the way it's designed right now, it isn't designed for good cooling.

4. vv-tim macrumors 6502

Just harass them enough and see if you can get them to fix it.

I reapplied my thermal paste and mine runs wonderfully now.

It *does* get extremely hot when I overclock the video card to 430/400 and run full screen 1920x1200 World of Warcraft for a long period of time.

That got uncomfortable, but I can only imagine how it would have felt before fixing the thermal paste.

5. erkanasu thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah super hot on ure legs hot, even burnable to an extent. Yeah, i guess ill just go harass them when i get back to the states. Laptops are supposed to be able to be on your lap!

6. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

That's why Apple state clearly that the MacBook Pro is not a "laptop", it's a "notebook".

I agree though, mine is bloody hot too. I'm sick of sweaty palms all day at work. Wish they'd sort this out.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Apple try to worm out of that one by calling it a "notebook." However, Apple's own dictionary app implies that a notebook is a laptop.

8. vv-tim macrumors 6502

This response is seriously overused.

9. generik macrumors 601

generik

This is a new product brought to you from our iCon CEO, iSplittingHairs.

PS: iCon can be icon, but con can also be convict, take your pick!

10. sk1985 macrumors regular

No where in my ibook's manual does it say that it's a laptop. In my manual Apple uses the words portable and notebook. This is nothing new. For some reason MB and MBP users are fascinated that their computer isn't called a laptop...guess what no Apple portable has been called a laptop for some time now. Even when I bought my ibook on apple's site ibooks and PB's were labeled as portables.