Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I have just the SUV for you:
83-suburban.jpg

That brings back bad memories. My brother had one identical to that - I mean identical. He was (well, is) a hot-headed idiot. The only thing bigger than his truck was the chip on his shoulder..

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
I've heard that these are TERRIBLE and very unreliable vehicles. Did I mention terrible? Never owned one but based off word of mouth, they suck. But if it's what you want then get it man! Who cares if people think it's "girly"

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
*siiiiigh*

Your US car manufacturers sure are doing well.

na na na boo boo :rolleyes:

I've heard that these are TERRIBLE and very unreliable vehicles. Did I mention terrible? Never owned one but based off word of mouth, they suck. But if it's what you want then get it man! Who cares if people think it's "girly"

they are the fastest depreciating vehicles on earth. but a lot of fun to drive and very luxerious. I have one and have had bad suspension problems and starting problems recently. pretty expensive to fix. the op sounds like he has plenty of jingle so if he wants to throw it away on a vehicle it's his choice. hopefully it doesnt ever come back to bite him :(

joshtheboss

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2015
i want a luxury suv, but most luxury suvs are for older people (lexus, infinitis, etc). i'm a college student so i would like something you see young people drive. the range rover seems like a good fit, however i see mostly females drive the car. i was also looking at escalades but they seem tacky (like you're trying to show off).

I don't think its a girls car I hope not lol I just got a brand new one for my 16th birthday. It's comfortable and nice for long trips just get it man and the gas is decent idk about the payments my parents take care of that

Last edited by a moderator:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Jesus this brings a whole new meaning to dragging something back from the dead

dogslobber

macrumors 601
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
i want a luxury suv, but most luxury suvs are for older people (lexus, infinitis, etc). i'm a college student so i would like something you see young people drive. the range rover seems like a good fit, however i see mostly females drive the car. i was also looking at escalades but they seem tacky (like you're trying to show off).

You'd be better off with a 15 years old Honda Civic.

Reactions: mojolicious

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
5 years on and I wonder if any of the confused posters have worked out the difference between a range rover and a land rover yet.

That said most people who own range rovers over here are middle aged mums who insist they need the highest level of safety whilst taking tarquin and joshua to day prep, and consider driving up their gravel driveway as off roading.

Or men with small penises like buying the evoque model.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I thought the sport was the evoque.

If I was going for a 4x4, i'd go mitsubishi warrior tbh.

Hahahaha

I've been seeing a bunch of time around town now.

I've just always wondered how I sized up against my now 62 year old father.

He has a 2012 RRS HSE. It actually has been a decenty reliable car (relatively speaking, considering LR's history). He drives good 30k miles per year.

The Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and Range Rover Evoque, and new LR Discovery Sport all look very similar. Too similar.

I notice a lot more of the full size Range Rovers than the Sports in B-line, @AutoUnion39 . Prior to 2013, it used to be the other way around. The second generation RRS looks much smaller than the 1st generation (yet they have a 3rd row).

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Hahahaha

I've been seeing a bunch of time around town now.
Wait, Range Rover Sports... or schlongs?

Range Rover Sports are... Sportier... so would that mean the male drivers are circumcised? It makes sense, my father is Jewish. I know a couple other Jewish men who drive them.

Is there a correlational study on men's penis sizes and their vehicle choices?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Loving the thread; loving the bump.

Agreed. The combination of stupidity and gender insecurity (and casual contempt - about the 'moms') - is hilarious and illuminating.

I recall a time - a couple of decades ago - when the norm for two car families (the usual gendered stuff) was for a well-heeled father to drive something Seriously Prestigious and capacious, while his spouse drove a small, - petite even - vehicle, clearly the 'second' car, in terms of specs, size, brand and age. The point is that this second car was expected to do duty for schools runs and everything else, and I certainly remember four of five youngsters squashed into small runarounds as a regular sight.

While I don't see much use for off-roaders in an urban environment, if they are to be used, the school run strikes me as a better use of their capabilities than any other. Mind you, proper safe public transport, or - perish the thought - bicycles - might be better still for kids (and the environment…)

Range Rover Sports are... Sportier... so would that mean the male drivers are circumcised? It makes sense, my father is Jewish. I know a couple other Jewish men who drive them.

Hilarious. However, I must say that the same uncharitable thought has crossed my mind on number of occasions.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009

Goldberg you're a woot!!!

This is the only article that i can find. It's not a study.

http://elitedaily.com/envision/cars...s-what-a-mans-car-says-about-his-personality/

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Clearly, the only solution is to try to track down a nice, pastel pink, Land Rover. A diesel, pastel pink Land Rover………….although, in the light of some recent and slightly shocking news stories……..maybe not.

Reactions: determined09

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
The RR Evoque is definitely a woman's car.

Interior matches that of an appliance (a la Toyota/Honda) and not deserving of the RR badge. No better than a BMW X3.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I don't think its a girls car I hope not lol I just got a brand new one for my 16th birthday. It's comfortable and nice for long trips just get it man and the gas is decent idk about the payments my parents take care of that
Was it really necessary to dig up a five year old thread only to show off and contribute nothing? No one is impressed that your parents bought you such an expensive car, mommy and daddy aren't going to live forever and when you're on your own, life is gonna kick you square in the ass.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The RR Evoque is definitely a woman's car.

Interior matches that of an appliance (a la Toyota/Honda) and not deserving of the RR badge. No better than a BMW X3.

Is there a distinction between 'a woman's car' and a car 'deserving of the RR badge'?

Well, then, nothing for it, but to let us all return to the days before power steering; indeed, burnishing one's manly credentials would seem to demand that one call for the immediate restoration of manual crankshafts…...

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Is there a distinction between 'a woman's car' and a car 'deserving of the RR badge'?

Well, then, nothing for it, but to let us all return to the days before power steering; indeed, burnishing one's manly credentials would seem to demand that one call for the immediate restoration of manual crankshafts…...

woman ... appliance

Hmmm, I wonder from what mindset that choice of word came from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.