Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-8736-8825

Looks interesting. I've always loved everything made by Leica and greatly respected the company for helping thousands of people out of concentration camps during the Holocaust. Anyhow, I'm sure this would cost a lot, but it may push the current Digital Modul R price down enough to make it fairly obtainable along with a used R8, which is currently available at around $800 used. Man, I hope this is real!

purelithium

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Kingston, Canada
Not really related to the actual subject of the post:

Leica didn't take people out of the concentration camps, they just helped transport Jews out of Germany BEFORE the holocaust.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Not really related to the actual subject of the post:

Leica didn't take people out of the concentration camps, they just helped transport Jews out of Germany BEFORE the holocaust.

I see. I suppose the place I read that was giving misinformation. Given the fact that I myself am Jewish (and a Leica fanatic), I suppose this could be a good subject to research a bit...

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
For the digital back only
M.S.P. price: $5,950
Student price: $4,761

...as I said expensive, very expensive

Yes. Thanks for the chart though!
I wish I could save up for the D-Lux3, but I'm probably either doing an unpaid photo internship or volunteering on a political campaign this summer, and I'll be taking extra courses at school the three after that because of my not being able to take science classes during the year due to being on the HS debate team. By the time I can get a good job (summer or real), I'll have student loans to pay, and that Leica discount will be gone!:mad:
Oh well, I shouldn't forget that it's what's behind the camera that matters;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.