Is a Wacom 12" Cintiq Update Coming?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Artful Dodger, Jul 14, 2009.

  1. macrumors 68020

    Artful Dodger

    Hi everyone,
    I've been mulling over this for some time and with the addition of a new MBP a month ago I was looking around to see if the 12" Cintiq is due or rumored to be updated any time soon. I really didn't see anything in or around and Google sends you into threads/forums where people really like them but not much update info.
    So if anyone has read about possible updates please post them since I'm more than likely getting the 12" at months end or may save an extra month and then purchase the Cintiq if updates are in the near future.

  2. macrumors 6502

    rumors started the day after the intuos 4 release. i myself are eagerly awaiting one. Although if the "mac tablet" runs in native OSX, Wacom better reduce their prices in my opinion.
  3. macrumors 68020

    Artful Dodger

    Price point being a bit lower would be nice for the 12" however $899 on Amazon isn't too bad either. I would just be less than happy getting one and as with anything really the screen gets an upgrade/update a week or so after. I know if I had the extra cash I wouldn't really think twice about buying it's big brother the 21" but I plan on waiting until August maybe September. In the end I know having either will benefit my productivity in more than a few areas ;)
    I'm hoping that the pen issues that the 12" has had get taken care of since any dollar amount spent should mean quality and accuracy given it's full attention. Guess time will tell.
  4. macrumors 6502a

    Jim Campbell

    I know people in the UK complain about Apple's UK pricing, but that is the most outrageous bit of price gouging I've seen in many years.

    The UK Amazon price is £829, an exchange rate of $1.08 to the pound.

    $899 converted at the current exchange rate, with UK VAT added back in on top, comes to £638, a difference of £191 ($309). Using a more reasonable 1.5 multiplier instead, still only comes to £688 after UK VAT.

    That, my friends, is daylight robbery.


  5. macrumors regular

    no.1 Apple Fan

    I hope (if they make a tablet, which is 90% possible) I has native handwriting recognition that works good:D I have very sloppy handwriting.
  6. macrumors 68020

    Artful Dodger

    That is a very true comment and really the tech. has been paid for with the larger units and with all the tablet types nearing the corner and those that have made it out already one would think the price would be $500-700 for a 12" and about $1500 for the 21" Cintiq.

    Crazy but a niche market makes pricing a free for all…
    I thought about it a bit more and will hold off till fall or just after my Xmas shopping is done and see where things end up by then :cool:

Share This Page