Is all compressed air created equal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by alexf, Jun 28, 2005.

1. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

I was just about to buy some compressed air to clear my Power Mac's innards and noticed that some brands are more expensive than others (e.g. Kensington costs more than Office Max brand).

Are all brands the same? Is it just air in there or what?

I know it's an anal question, but hey - I'm a Mac user! (Plus my Mac is probably the most expensive thing I own after my car and I will go to great lengths takes to protect it).

Thanks. :)

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Pretty much all the same. Most contain difloroethane that is harmful, fatal even, if inhaled in large doses. What are your thoughts CanadaRAM?

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Whatever you do, don't use the Office Depot compressed air. They have outsourced production overseas, and there is no telling what you'll be getting in their air.

For your Macintosh, unless you want to void your warranty, you should only use iAir, which is available from the Apple Store online or retail Apple Stores for $29.95 a bottle. It is air designed in Cupertino California by Apple, and is bottled at the source in the Apple Marketing department.

That's right

It's pure hot air.

:D

4. alexf thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexf

iAir? He he he - you had me there for a moment.
    :p