Is any1 elses time on thier macbook wrong???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

for some reason the time on my macbook is not showin the right time. i have it on the right timezone and i have the automatic set time and date checked....hmm...some server issues with apple? this is eastern time as well. right now its 5:50pm and its showing 12:47pm.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Do you use Boot Camp? The time on mine is always off after I boot back into OS X.

3. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah...but before, after i use bootcamp and i boot back into OSX i uncheck and then check the set time and date automatically and it goes back to the right time...this time its not working.:confused: :confused:

4. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

sometimes you just have to give it some time, if you've waited a while than re-boot it and see what happens...

5. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

When I use Bootcamp, after a restart, I must manually set the time since the automatic feature will not work. I've told Apple but the guy "hadn't heard of it before."

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

In the case, I'd go with server issues with Apple's NTP servers (or somewhere between you and Apple). :)

7. Hubert Brutal macrumors newbie

FYI I have been having the same problems... how has this not been fixed yet?

8. morespce54 macrumors 65816

morespce54

I had this problem when
    a) my laptop ran out of battery or
    b) my laptop wasn't shut down properly (i.e. power failure when my laptop was connected to the wall socket).

I also had this issue recently with my desktop but I think it was for reason (b) plus a mix-up with Little Snitch on the restart...

9. jag00 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue on my MBP. It appears to be a known issue with the way Windows sets the time.

The work-around that seems to work for me is changing the time on Windows so that when I go back to mac os x it compensates for it. It's not pretty but since I don't use Windows that much I don't care too much about it.

Here are some discussions about the issue

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7486149�
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/560650.html

-J

10. Hubert Brutal macrumors newbie

Thanks jag00! i have just been manually setting it now and resetting the automatic time. I too use Windows with bootcamp not very often so i guess im ok with it. hopefully apple will come up with some kind of fix in the near future. they'll probably wait until the new MacBooks come out... haha