Is anyone else a little grossed out by this

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacNut, Apr 29, 2005.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Tom & Katie Hit the Red Carpet
    The new couple kiss for the cameras as Cruise picks up a lifetime achievement award in Rome

The public canoodling continued for new couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes on Friday in Rome – where Cruise arrived to receive a lifetime achievement award.

Cruise and Holmes kissed in front of the cameras at Music Park Auditorium before Cruise was honored at the David di Donatello Awards, the Italian equivalent of the Oscars.

Photographers in Rome first photographed the pair smooching on Wednesday. Since then, the couple have been making the public rounds together, meeting with Italian leaders and sharing meals together, with photogs capturing every move.

Meanwhile, back in the U.S., Holmes's father, attorney Martin Holmes, offered some positive words about the just-revealed relationship.

"I'm happy and excited for Katie," the elder Holmes tells TV's Access Hollywood. "She has a good head on her shoulders, and we must trust her judgment."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, "have been dating a couple of weeks," a friend of Cruise's told PEOPLE this week.

The romance was confirmed by Cruise's rep after he and Holmes were photographed together, hand in hand, in Rome on Wednesday evening.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Grossed out, I would be giving him a pat on the back. Now for being Tom Cruise I'm sure he has his pick, why Katie, who knows. She is very good looking though, young too.

jon

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Thats the problem Katie can do better than him, Sure he's a pretty boy and has money, I just don't like him.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i have no idea who Katie is :) but are you sickend by the age thing? phht just look at that strange welsh woman ive forgotten the name of, and that Douglas guy. whats that? like a 60 year age gap?

whatever turns you on i suppose. leave them be. as much as i dont care for celebrities i also think they deserve the basic right of privacy.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, it makes me sick when old guys only go for young girls. No, not just younger girls, but girls who are much younger. Its gross. I don't mind if Tom goes out with younger girls if its always a case of them having a lot in common, but he only seems to pick out young girls. Lots of old famous guys just think: date the young pretty girl, regardless of everything else that's needed for a relationship. He just keeps trading in older wives and girlfriends for younger girls. That's how his mind works. That way his girls stay the same age. :rolleyes:

And yes, she can do much better than a guy who shoots blanks.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Hey Abstract, lighten up a bit. ;)

So what if an older man/woman wants a younger partner? As long as they are happy together, good for them!

Life is too short to worry about trivial issues such as this.

Sushi

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Katie Holmes was in Dawson's Creek, and she was engaged to that dude from American Pie.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think that after a certain point, its no longer trivial when the age difference is too big.

"Hey Tom, maybe you and my dad can go to the doctor for your annual prostate check-up together!!" :p :D

Aw man, we need a wider variety of smilies to express ourselves better.

11. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hmm. Exact ages my wife and I were when we started dating.

Don't see anything wrong here, folks. It works for us. :D

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Relationships not going to work, if she doesn't accept Scientology. I think that was the cause for Cruz's breakup. Didn't Tom try to win her back at the Academy awards?

Anyway, she's taller than I thought she'd be, or Tom's a shorty.

13. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Tom's a shorty.

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

He is a shorty. They have to use tricky camera angles to make him look bigger in films.

scem0

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

i am certainly not grossed out by KH. but scientology is icky.

16. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

KH is not icky but TC is.

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    More props to him. If I were 40 something, I'd be like, "hey, how many 19 year old girls wanna go back to my house and party with my disco ball, some liquor, and my iTunes playlist.... I have a rotating bed too." And they'd be like "Oh, Onizuka, you such a sexy hunk of man-love." And I'd be like "hells yeah." And they'd be like "let's have a 12-some." And I'd be like "Alllllright." :D

(yes, I know this will never happen. Don't ruin my fantasy) lol

18. angelneo macrumors 68000

I am going to bet that this isn't going to last. maybe give it a year before someone grows tired of this charade.

19. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

He only seems to pick out younger girls? Mimi Rogers is older than him, and Kidman is close to his age. Who are these younger girls he always goes after?

20. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

thats why i love highschool girls ... i get older, but they stay the same age ;)

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

IMHO, it is up to the couple. What the rest of us think, really doesn't matter.

In this case, you are being discriminatory based on age difference. Discrimination in any form is not good.

But really, when you get down to it, what does it matter if Tom Cruise dates an 80 year old or a 18 year old. It is his life to live.

Sushi

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Most common marital/relationship problems, in no particular order:
    - Religion
    - Sex
    - Money
    - Kids

Of course there are other issues, but these are some of the top ones.

Sushi

23. sarae macrumors 6502

I think this is my favorite post ever.

24. khammack macrumors regular

I second that.

-kev

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Let me whittle that down for you, in particular order:

-Money

Of course there are other issues, but this one is generally the root of all of them.