Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cil9mxm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
I cannot add certain ripped DVD movies and even when I do, some don't even transfer to my iPod.....giving me "this iPod doesn't support the bit rate" error message. Has anyone encountered something similiar?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i ripped a movie transfered it to itunes and it plays fine in itunes but won't show up on my ipod.... any thoughts

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Nope. Never had that problem but all my videos are converted to the correct format using either iSquint, Quicktime Pro and even iTunes has the ability to get a movie into the right format, just control-click on the movie in the library and select "Convert to iPod"

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Nope. Never had that problem but all my videos are converted to the correct format using either iSquint, Quicktime Pro and even iTunes has the ability to get a movie into the right format, just control-click on the movie in the library and select "Convert to iPod"

I see you remembered the QT one this time ;) :D

EDIT: Demi-God too :shock:

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
it sounds to me like some of your video files are being made with either too high of a bit rate or too high of a resolution for the format you are using.
just reencode them and make sure its within the bounds that the iPod supports.
and the reason it plays in iTunes/Quicktime is that they are above the iPod's limitations, but not your Mac's and iTunes just won't let you copy it to the iPod since the iPod wouldn't be able to play it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.