Is anyone else having problems adding videos to the iTunes library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cil9mxm, Nov 15, 2006.

1. cil9mxm macrumors newbie

I cannot add certain ripped DVD movies and even when I do, some don't even transfer to my iPod.....giving me "this iPod doesn't support the bit rate" error message. Has anyone encountered something similiar?

2. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

No never. Have you used iSquint or the like, to optimise the video for your iPod?

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i ripped a movie transfered it to itunes and it plays fine in itunes but won't show up on my ipod.... any thoughts

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nope. Never had that problem but all my videos are converted to the correct format using either iSquint, Quicktime Pro and even iTunes has the ability to get a movie into the right format, just control-click on the movie in the library and select "Convert to iPod"

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I see you remembered the QT one this time ;) :D

EDIT: Demi-God too :shock:

6. dwishbone macrumors regular

it sounds to me like some of your video files are being made with either too high of a bit rate or too high of a resolution for the format you are using.
    just reencode them and make sure its within the bounds that the iPod supports.
    and the reason it plays in iTunes/Quicktime is that they are above the iPod's limitations, but not your Mac's and iTunes just won't let you copy it to the iPod since the iPod wouldn't be able to play it.

7. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I use handbrake to add videos to my iPod.

Here is a link on how to do this:

How to with Handbrake...;)