Is anyone else here addicted to Kool-aid?

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Mar 19, 2003.

1. macrumors G4

I have no idea why, but for some reason a couple weeks ago I found a pack of Kool-aid, made a gallon and became practically addicted to it, I mix up two packs every few weeks or so and proceed to gulp it down like I haven't had anything to drink in days.

Am I the only one who's become addicted to something I haven't had since I was like 12 or so?

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not sure vniow but you are making me thirsty, got any grape?

3. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Ooooooh, Kool-Aid...

This takes me way back. Am I the only person who puts too much sugar in each batch? You just can't beat a fresh, cold pitcher of grape or orange when it's as sweet as you can get it. :)

As a matter of fact, I'm heading to the grocery store to do a bit of shopping. Back soon!

4. macrumors 604

scem0

Can't say that I am. I do like Kool-aid though.

I am addicted to Ramen noodles though ;).

5. macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

My favorite is Mango-Berry. I don't know if they still make it because two years ago I was totally addicted and bought up about 100 packets. I also like orange and grape. Strawberry kiwi is a good change. I usually only make it during the summer.

I'm also addicted to those frozen popcicles in the plastic sleeves that you freeze. My favorite ones are called Otter Pops. They have flavors like Little Orphan Orange, Alexander the Grape and so on. We buy them box the mega box because I could eat 20 in an evening.

6. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not that i doubt you've become "addicted"... but 2 packs every few weeks is nothing.... i have 3 gatorade jugs that i use for kool-aid and iced tea/lemonade. i fill em both up about every week or a bit more, depending how much i'm home

best flavors:

1. grape berry splash
    2. soarin strawberry lemonade
    3. watermelon cherry (aka, sharkleberry fin)

and all the rest are pretty much great. grape is classic. lemonade and pink lemonade are good

black cherry and lemon-lime aren't great. but could be worse (ie, like flavor aid)

indeed

7. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Ooooh, good call jello. I forgot about pink lemonade. And am I the only one who likes cherry?

P.S.-flavor ade blows.

8. thread starter macrumors G4

Nice, last time I went shopping, I picked up about 40 or so packs, one of each flavor I think, I like to mix two in a gallon.

I don't refill them as often as I'd like though, keep on forgettig for some reason.....

And flavor-ade does indeed blow.

9. macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Kool-Aid is great. I'm partial to sour things, so what I like to do is eat the lemonade powder right out of the package. It's fantastic! Also makes a great cocaine substitute.

10. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Wow. Classic, man. Just classic. With a line like that, I think you're my new hero. :)

Also, I'd like to voice my approval of the aforementioned otter pops. Those things rock my ass off! I never think to buy them anymore, though. Tis a shame!

11. thread starter macrumors G4

I've tried licking some of the extra powder off of the packaging after I emptied it into the container, I forget what flavor it was put I spit it out almost immediately, grape (there it is again) wasn't so bad though by itself might try putting it on real grapes next time.

Haven't snorted any yet, should I use the origional packaging or a dollar bill?

12. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Try a straw. It's easier.

13. macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Gatorade

Yea I like gatorade. The best flavors are....

Frost (the light blue, kinda berry flavored one)
    Original Lime

All that new watermellon stuff is so damn sweet. I like original because its good to drink when I am playing a sport. I like water better though.

14. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Ah, sweet gatorade. I love thee so!

I'm a fan of the originals here. Orange, lemon lime, and fruit punch. You do not, under any circumstances, screw with something that good.

15. macrumors 68000

beatle888

Re: Is anyone else here addicted to Kool-aid?

i dont know but your emoticon really knows how to move its tongue.

16. macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: Gatorade

how did this go from KOOL-AID to gatorade?
    gatoraid is a sports drink, AKA healthy (or so they would like you to beleive) KOOL-AID on the other hand is about as healthy as toxic waste, but tastes a ****load better

personally i havent had it in a while but when i do the stuff is FANTASTIC

except when my friends mom makes it, she puts in one little packet to a gallon of water and expects it to taste good. apparentlly she dosnt understand that flavored water sucks, KOOL-AID is made with LOTS od sugar.

17. macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

See, Royal Pineapple gets the POINT of Kool-Aid. He understands the value of putting way too much sugar and not quite enough water in the Kool-Aid, thus resulting in the sweetest nectar on earth!

18. macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it aint quite right till you can stick a spoon straight up in it ;)
    and they call it a liquid :D

19. macrumors P6

wdlove

Grape always seems to be a safe flavor. Just putting some on the tongue is great also. I'm not addicted, can't remember the last time that I had kool-aid!

20. thread starter macrumors G4

I just mixed a gallons worth of watermelon and cherry, mmmmmm.......tangy.

21. macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Cool Aid! Cool Aid! Tastes Great! Cool Aid! Cool Aid! Can't wait!

22. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

it's Kool aid. with a 'k'

i used to like a lot of sugar. but now i use a bit less. still tasty though. of course.

23. macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Oops.. It has been a while since I have had Kool-Aid.. :) But My kids are almost to that age.

By the way, why have you stopped folding if I might ask? :)

24. macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

A few years ago I had the flu and I wanted some kool-aid to drink. I had a sore throat and lots on congestion and my taste buds weren't working to well. As I'm helpless when I'm sick, I asked my wife to make me some kool-aid but make it strong (ie don't put as much water in).

Well, she made me some kool-aid alright and I took a sip and boy was I mad (as mad as a helpless flu sick person). She didn't make it strong like I asked her to. I told her that it wasn't strong, you put too much water in. She said that she did make it strong. I took a few more sips then dumped it out, huffed and puffed and went to bed.

A few days went past and I got to feeling better. I hadn't touched that crappy, waterlogged kool-aid my wife had made. As I reached in to pour out the colored water, I thought "I wonder if my taste buds weren't working and it really was sweet and delicious and my wife did do a fine job with the kool-aid". I poured a glass and took a sip. Whoa - Sweet. I apologized for being a crab that night and will never question her kool-aid making skills again.

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'll answer that in the thread rower started in the folding area about people who haven't folded in a while...