Is anyone here Russian? macgeek2005?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JLatte, Jun 18, 2006.

?

Russian?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Only the alcoholic beverage

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLatte macrumors 6502

I'm simply curious, that's all. I'm specifically interested if macgeek2005 is Russian (if you see this). The way you've presented yourself on MR is very... different. By the way, your symphony wasn't bad, but it was far from good. Perhaps from someone your age it was nice, but your piece could use improvement. Yes, I did watch the whole thing through.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I don't know how many Russians there are on MR but I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the comparison.

4. JLatte thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok then let me reiterate: The types of activities that he is into and the way that he speaks of himself and family are VERY much like every Russian I know in the local Russian community. This is not meant in a derogatory way whatsoever. I'm dating a Russian and married to another, so I'm not pulling these observations out of my behind.

And if you're not (macgeek2005), if I may ask what's your background?

*edit*

I just noticed, his youngest brother's name is Oliver, so I'm very well probably wrong. Unless Oliver is now a common name around the Motherland.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sounds juicy. Tell us more. :cool:

Oh, and if you want a specific person to answer a question for you, maybe try PMing them. It's probably more efficient. :)

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    And stops inflated egos becoming even more so...:rolleyes:

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Indeed. Does your wife know?

8. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

While I do agree with your comments about macgeek2005's symphony and attitude, may I ask what the main objective of this thread is?

Is it really to find out if there are Russians on MR, or is it a comment towards macgeek2005?

9. Queso macrumors G4

By far the richest person I know is Russian (we're talking way into nine figures in Sterling). She speaks six languages and is a qualified dentist, although the money comes from her and her husband buying mines for next to nothing in the early 90s (that's as in holes in the ground, rather than things that blow people's legs off).

One time she asked my partner if we wanted a Russian present from a trip to Moscow, but we got neither the oil well nor the Fabergé egg we wanted. She did bring us back some great Vodka and chocolate though. And a copy of Russian Vogue :D

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

This probably isn't going to go anywhere good.

If you want to know macgeek2005's heritage, PM him. If his PMs are disabled, then simply live with the pain of not knowing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.