Is anyone with an intel mac able to access Yahoo chat?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by olds403, Mar 29, 2006.

1. olds403 macrumors newbie

I am unable to get Yahoo chat to work anymore on my 20" iMac. I have tried safari, camino, firefox and shiira browsers with no luck. Camino worked for a while until the last security update, after that it was broken too. Has anyone had any luck after the last security update? I know the issue is with yahoo and they are unlikely to fix it on their end, but I had it working for a brief period of time and would like to get it working again. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Try downloading a chat client, like Adium and use it through that.

3. olds403 thread starter macrumors newbie

Would Adium allow me to access yahoo chat rooms? Yahoo instant messenger works fine on my intel imac, my problem is that when logging in to yahoo and trying to access yahoo chat rooms the java applet fails to load - in all browsers. If Adium will go around that cool, but when I went to the Adium download page and checked it out it just looks like an alternative to yahoo instant messenger which works on my machine.

4. HughJ macrumors regular

I've always found the Chat rooms to be crap on a Mac (PPC) they dont load properly, slow and dont diaplay icons correctly, i too would be interested to find out how to access them from the likes of adium