Is APP for iPod worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dferigmu, Dec 1, 2004.

1. dferigmu macrumors 6502

With the education price, it's $47. Is it worth it? I am definitely getting APP for my iMac since some repairs cost way more than the APP's price.

Does the APP for iPod cover dead or dying batteries or do you have to pay for the battery replacement plan?

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

THE ANSWER ...

YES.

LOL, well. I think so. I'm going to buy it right before my one year is over. I have had two iPods, I'm on my third, and the battery has conked out after less than a year on both of mine - and Apple is NOT nice about that stuff anymore. The APP does cover the battery. With the ed disc it's seemingly a good value to me.

3. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

I agree. If nothing else, APP for iPod will net you a new battery if you use your iPod regularly. The out-of-pocket cost of a battery replacement without APP is $99.

4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

You should get it BEFORE the 1 year is up or else you will not be eligable.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

It doesn't matter when you buy it ... you only get the one additional year like all applecare products

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Macpoops, yeah, I know - thanks for the reminder - I might have worded that wrong.

Kwyjibo - And you're right also. But I want to like wait until the last possible week that I have to before I spend the money - I like to have it now. LOL.

7. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I think apple care (and all extended warranties for that matter) are generally a waste on products like the iPod that are relatively inexpensive.

But I am a bit of a gambler I guess and I always live by the rule that it is better to pay later than now.

That being said, if it gives you peice of mind, then it is absolutely worth it. It is largely a personal preference. My preference is no.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am not a big fan of Best Buy, but their protection plan may be better. I have had two iPods (two different purchases) replaced by Best Buy. One was even upgraded to a 30gb, because the 20gb was not available, nor was the 20gb at the time.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am not a big fan of Best Buy, but their protection plan may be better. I have had two iPods (two different purchases) replaced by Best Buy. One was even upgraded to a 30gb, because the 20gb was not available, nor was the 20gb at the time.

10. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Ah actually NO, a 3rd party battery replacement cost only ~39 USD (do it yourself) or send it to the company to do it for you for ~59 USD. Prices would surly have dropped a little more by now. Plus I have heard that other companies iPod replacement batteries will last you 22hours of playback time far better than Apple. (Apple is just getting cheap and hold out on its customers). :mad:

I don't know where you shop tfaz1?