Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
Apple is far from dead. But with that out of the way, I will say that I've been somewhat disappointed with them as of late but I'm not about to jump ship any time soon. They still make the best products and their overall user experience is 2nd to none but come on, siri is still in beta after how long now?? I find that I'm using Google voice search on my iPhone and iPad more and more. In my opinion, it's been a one-two punch for them. 1, losing Steve Job and 2, everyone else in the marketplace copying all of their products and building on their successes both at the same time. At times Apple's "stubbornness" seems to shoot them in the foot. I remember Apple's mouse years ago not having a second button on it because they thought it wasn't necessary. Or waiting forever for copy and paste to show up in IOS. Now it seems that people really want size options for their phones. I don't see why Apple can't make a smaller/larger/budget/other option phone as well. They did it with the iPad and look how that turned out. It reminds me a bit of beta vs VHS back in the day. You can be suborn only so long and eventually you will get passed up .... not "killed" but definitely diminished. They really have to step up their game this year, get that iWatch, iTV, iWhatever out and get that luster back.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Here is hoping...

Apple's move to more CONsumer, brand name goods is a sort of growing pains period, something they have to do in order to line their CEO wallets a bit thicker, when they get over this commercial competitive streak / self indulgence, hopefully they also saved money to bring back the 17 inch MacBook Pro with or with out a retina display. The PROsumers are still going strong with their previous gens, it would be nice to be rewarded with an over-due refresh already. Apple did sort of "die" with Jobs, lets not kid ourselves, the spark is zapped for sure. But Apple as a giant will live on for eons...

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
No he wasn't. In fact he went out of his way during his keynotes to show off all of the employees involved in designing those products. Nobody honestly thinks that Steve Jobs = Apple. If they try and claim that, you can't take them seriously - and the only people who say it are people who try to write attention grabbing headlines.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
No he wasn't. In fact he went out of his way during his keynotes to show off all of the employees involved in designing those products. Nobody honestly thinks that Steve Jobs = Apple. If they try and claim that, you can't take them seriously - and the only people who say it are people who try to write attention grabbing headlines.

Only time will tell. And time is running out quickly on Apple's clock. Cook couldn't care less about Apple. Apple was Job's favorite child.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Only time will tell. And time is running out quickly on Apple's clock. Cook couldn't care less about Apple. Apple was Job's favorite child.

How exactly is apples clock running out? :confused: How exactly does cook care less about apple? What a load of bs. Im sure apple would of done and released almost exactly the same things if SJ was still running apple. But hey Steve never did anything wrong right? :rolleyes:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

So why did Jobs recommend someone who doesn't care about Apple to take over for him? Did he want Apple to die with him?

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
umm he was sick and frail.......

So why did Jobs recommend someone who doesn't care about Apple to take over for him? Did he want Apple to die with him?

he was sick, frail and dying, people in that state have decisions made for them, or at his death bed he could have regretted the decision - you know know? Jobs prolly didn't choose anyone to lead apple. jobs is NOT apple, but jobs was a great thinker and got all the right thoughts in line to produce some great lines of machines in his time. now the world has no hope for innovation because everyone is busy money laundering rather than innovating / inventing / inspiring........ simple.

arcite

macrumors 6502a
I've been a believer in Apple products since their inception. However, I have to ask, "is Apple Dead". That reality seems to have happened with the unfortunate death of Steve Jobs. The creativity along with artistry seems to be gone. Competitors have the jump on virtually EVERYTHING. I jumped in an got the new MBPr and love it. But since then there is nil! My iPhone is almost a throw back to a former generation. iTunes is getting stogy and old. Innovation seems to be out the window for the same of profit. "Take the money and run... is this the mantra"?

If you truly have used Apple products since the 80's, there is no way you would ask if they are doomed now. Have some perspective man. In the 90's Apple was ALMOST dead - truly. They were months away from potential bankruptcy and suicide by bad product development. Do you remember the Apple camera? Apple printers? GREY dull underpowered Apple PC boxes? That Apple was dead. Today's Apple is the largest corporation in the US with nearly 200 billion in Cash. Move along. :apple:

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
It's time for Apple to reinvent themselves once again, just like after the Microsoft clones. The only difference is it's a different enemy this time--Google as opposed to Microsoft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.