Is Apple Replacing CRT Displays?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Macmaniac, May 25, 2001.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I heard that Apple will start using only LCD in their products. I heard this from the Compu Dudes and I'm not sure if this is true? Will this switch be a problem?

2. PowerUser86 macrumors member

Yes, I'm nearly sure that apple will only keep the CRT around for the iMac, with the rest using LCD's. The one immediate downside is the cost. New powermac G4's will cost a lot more.

3. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Apple is a industry driver. They set the trends of personal comuting and they have to. The nature of their products must stay on top and fresh. Thats why they moved to LCD only. Thats the direction that the industry is going eventuly so Apple must get there first. A PC guy at my work asked me why I buy Apples when they are so expensive. I told him that peole by BMW's and they are expensive too. They could get a geo metro. But they dont.

4. atomwork macrumors regular

Check out the reviews

The last or the one before Macworld had a monitor test. The tested a hole different kind of monitors. The apple 22" was one of them. Only the LaCie was slightly better and one other -don't know the brand- was better form all of them. Sure, the back might be a little bit off because the are based on white but more or less the 22' is really great. I will get one after the next mac expo now. If you need a calibrated monitor buy one extra and just check it on this one if you really need a proof.

Cheers
    Mac

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Apple is Dumping the CRT's

The imac may, may come out with a LCD screen. They May...

6. Macwizzard macrumors member

7. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

right, "They did and will"????? show me how they "did"

8. Macwizzard macrumors member

All of the CRT displays, except for the iMac, were stopped. They had the 17 inch and the 23 inch. Both were stopped and I have a strong feeling that the iMac's Will be changed.

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Me TOO

I think that also. :-} The change should be no problem.