Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
steve_hill4 said:
It annoys me when I hear people not wanting to speak to someone in Ireland, or saying that you will speak to someone in Ireland as if it's a bad thing, (this particularly offends me as someone who not only considers himself Irish, but whose family is from Cork, Apple's European base).
Did I say I had a problem with the Irish? Don't think so.

I said...
It is a happy day when you get through to the Irish tech support people.
Maybe you misunderstood me. Maybe you should read things a bit more closely before you get offended.....

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
caveman_uk said:
Maybe you misunderstood me. Maybe you should read things a bit more closely before you get offended.....
No, sorry, you misunderstood me, (or should I say I shouldn't have quoted you without agreeing with you first). I mean when I hear others badmouthing having to speak to ignorant paddies that don't know what they are talking about, it annoys me bigtime. They criticise having to speak to them, but when they are faced with the option of India instead, they pray for Ireland.

Sorry for any confusion and feeling I was painting you as one of those I was complaining about.

Spinnetti

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2005
Kentucky
Oh ya.

I've had the dubious pleasure of needing apple support quite a bit. (Got one of the iMacs hit by the capacitor problem I presume). The many calls and chats were all from India.

The people are nice, but only go by the script.. totally absurd. I did most of it by chat, and kept it for a long time because it was something like a joke you'ld find on the internet!

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
I've gotten tech's with indian accents (2) but next time I call (which is often:mad: ) I'll ask.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
O MY GOD :mad:

i just had the un pleasure of calling apple support - my 12" powerbook has been overheating lately and has warped the back side panels next to the grills on both sides.

so thought i'd give them a call - and sort it

i have never had a problem with there sales line - always helpfull and they do tend to bend over backwards to help me with my purchases, but the support line is awfull!

i knew my luck was out as soon as the chap answerd the phone - yep you guessed it indian call centre.

i do not have a problem with anywhere they have a call centre , but i at least ask that they can understand me like my name: errrrr Tom , can you spell that please sir??? WTF T- O -M the conversation went on like this for quiet some time. It got really good when the nice chap ask me for my serial number of my Powerbook , o god how many times do i have to spell it out !! someone save me :(

and at the end of it when he gave me a case number - he then asked me to fax over the proof of purchase , Fine i said when's the courier coming to pick up my sick Mac? er he said well once we get the proof of purchase then call us back and then we can assighn you a support number ? err WTF !!

so trying to calm after the thought of not having my Powerbook for X-Mas i then went through the options of moving this along a little quicker !

can i e-mail you the proof of purchase i asked ? this just went over his head - after 3 times of me asking him this i gave up and said i'll fax it and phone back :(

but what topped it was his last closing statements --- have you thought about Apple Care 3 year cover ? errrr Not now i thought , i declined his genorous offer of £279 and he then topped it even more by saying in robot talk you can visit W-W-W-DOT-APPLE-DOT-COM-FORWARDSLASH-SUPPORT , errr like i don't already know that one matey

PLEASE PLEASE APPLE SEND ME A QUESTIONAIR ON THE SUPPORT

My Apple experiance has been tainted
:(
liketom

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I called Apple Support...it was obvious he was in India, but his accent wasn't that bad. I could at least understand him. Much better experience than other calls. Cingular is the worst. I think they give everyone an English proficency exam and hire the people who do the worst

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.