Is apple steping away from Aqua?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by runninmac, Aug 7, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I have been exploring the apple website and it seems to me that every new/ updated product or web page on apple.com is now more colorful and less "aquaish" do you think that this will be the new and upcoming theme for leopard? I really like it so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Edit: Example of new theme Switch

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

If anything, I'd say that looks like Stickies

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

perhaps, or maybe they are just trying to look more appealing, fresh, and welcoming to non-mac users

4. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Apple has employed at least one new web developer (I'd suppose a few) that are now giving things more of a fresh feel. However, I think that Apple is starting a new fresh theme with it's consumer products. For example, the iLife and iWork boxes, the iPod shuffle banners; they all have a new feel that's different. I don't think Apple is planning to make a major change in their Aqua interface though.
    -Chase

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

It definatly looks like they are stepping away from aqua and i have to say i like it, the new "Sticky" look is great its very fresh and appealing...

ShadoW :)

6. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

7. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Ugh. I would rather wish they would not keep messing with the interface.

8. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

It looks like iCal. Aqua is looking somewhat dated. Whatever they choose I wish they would just pick one theme and stick with it, instead of having Aqua, brushed metal, that horrible transparent black in the iPhoto image adjustment windows, Mail.app having a completely different look, etc. It's getting almost as bad as Linux with everything looking different. Well, OK, it's nowhere near that bad yet...

9. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

But if Apple doesn't make changes to the interface then Microsoft won't have any reason to upgrade their Windows interface. :D

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I agree, it's a joke how they can insist that developers adhere to Apple's interface guidelines when you can scarecely find an Apple product anymore that does. I'm all for trying new UI designs, but a little more consistency would be nice, it's really getting out of control lately. Widgets didn't help.

11. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Hmm... and this would be a bad thing...? :)