Is Apple Still A Computing Company?

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 30, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 65816

Jun 2, 2003
    round the corner
    Its fair to say that Apple appers like it has paid more attention to the iPod

However next year they will have a lot more legroom for the mac in terms of power and performance so there should be more of a balance between the Mac and the iPod
  3. macrumors 65816

Nov 3, 2005
    EDIT: Was not really constructive nor helpful with regard to anything, removed.

The success of iPods is helping to bring attention to Apple as well as the Intel news. I don't foresee Apple becoming a specialty company focusing only on "entertainment media centers" or dropping a focus on iPods in favor of its computers and vice versa.

I also tend to think that theories on Apple having to battle it out with industry heavy weights is misguided to some extent. I get the impression that Apple doesn't really care to oust certain big brands, I still think they are focused on creating quality products and obtaining a reasonable market share from that. I suppose it's only natural to look at things from a tactics standpoint, but with Apple it almost doesn't seem necessary.
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2003
    Brighton, England
    I don't know if they're still a computing company, but I hope they're embarassed by the servers they're using to power their UK music store. Or is it just me?