Is ATT allowed to change my upgrade date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewjh07, Feb 9, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I have been a loyal customer for 8 years and my upgrade date on my family plan (4 lines) was scheduled for 2/21/11(all lines had this date) since I started checking every month or so since the beginning of last year. I checked today and they all had been moved to late July for 2 of the phones and to September for the other two.

I HAVE payed all bills in full on time. I have no idea why they would do this. There are 2 iphones on the account but both were purchased last January.

2. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Give 'em a call and ask for an explanation
    Only way you will find out

3. macrumors 6502a

same thing happened to me, was supposed to be 1/31/11 and changed to 4/29/11. no idea why. Id call and complain if it affected my ability to get the iPhone 5 but it doesnt.

4. macrumors 6502

Same here. I've always had great service from AT&T, so I called, and sure enough there's a glitch their working on.

She rolled my dates back to the correct date, And gave me a fifty dollar goodwill credit ! Now you see why I'm a very happy AT&T customer.

5. macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Well technically you signed a two year contract. I don't believe it stipulates AT&T having to give you upgrades, it's just something they do to keep us happy and from leaving the minute the contract expires. A call should fix this though, I'd be peeved if they moved my upgrade date so far back.

6. macrumors 68020

The main line is available for yearly upgrade if you are on 1400 minute plan. Other lines are usually available for upgrades 18 months.

7. thread starter macrumors member

well i was on the phone for over an hour with the lady and finally she told me the reason: our family plan that was 39.99$/month had "expired", as in they no longer offered this deal. When this deal expired, the phones upgrade dates got pushed back as a result. Sounds like a huge pile of BS to me. I think she either A.) did not care or B.) just didnt have any fricken clue

8. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I'll never understand why people come here and ask these types of questions instead of contacting the appropriate company.