Is B2TM full of.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Guys, a lot of you know me pretty well, I am just curious as to how many of you think that I am some ultra right, kill everyone that ain't American freak.

Post em, I am curious.

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

We already know you're an ultra right freak. As for killing everyone who isn't American, that can't be true - I'm sure you'd at least spare most of the Europeans. :)

3. vniow macrumors G4

hmmmm.....

Honesty, I don't know you very well and I stay out of the political debates for the most part, but I have heard you make some statements that sounded like blind worship to me, not just about politics, but about Apple stuff as well.

Hell, I don't know, like I said I don't know you all that well, that's just my observation of you from what I can see.

Blah.

Edit: I mean, there must be a reason for asking this question ya know.

4. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. I say a lot, but that doesn't mean I always mean what I say you know. Devils advocate and all ;)

5. vniow macrumors G4

Ha, I know what you mean.[​IMG]

It's a bit refreshing to have a non-political thread around here.

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nah. i respect you despite disagreeing on stuff.

i just happen to think you're wrong about a lot of stuff.

but i'd think you're less wrong if you sold me a new computer for a couple bucks..... eh? eh? ;)

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Just seeing this thread I gave the whole 80+ thread a quick over view of certain people's posts.

I think Moxie and hitman stayed the most calm when debating, as well as alex. They also seem to have a great deal of knowledge on the subject at hand, much like you, Backdawg. I think you are just saying things you don't mean, as you said yourself, you worked for the gov.

When someone describes their personal experience in such a blatant and offensive manner, that sounds like desperation to me. I don't think you are full of it. I just think you take this short fuse of yours and make the situation worse, when someone calmly debates the facts, or even, their personal opinions.

Which personal experience is more obvious when expressed: One that is expressed calmly, or one that is expressed with intensity? If that intensity goes too far, is it still considered experience? No, it's desperation.

I don't think you're "full of it", but I do think you need to establish a less intense of describing your experiences and thoughts to just experiences. :)

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Is B2TM full of.....

Do you mind if I vote for the Readers Digest version of that mouthful of words, which would be "ultra freak"?

And the only reason I say that is, I tried to avoid the political/religion threads completely. So it's a little hard to know anything about those words between ultra & freak.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I don't know BTTM. I personally think you're not right wing enough. Sometimes you're so wimpy. I mean, come on, if they aren't american, don't we as God loving, gun carrying citizens of the good ol u s of a have a right to shoot em? I mean come on, they come here, take our jobs and women and don't even have the decency to learn english like a real 'merican should. Y'all know half of them just want to kill us all anyway, so I say we should just treat them like deer in deer season. Or better yet, like varmints. No limits. Kill em all, and let god sort em out. I mean, the constitution practicly says we're supposed to do that. I mean, it starts out talking about how we americans have rights (note, it doesn't say foreigners), and then it gives us the right to carry a gun, therefore we must ahve the right to use that gun and if we have the right to use the gun, we certainly have the right to shoot some damn fool foreigner who doesn't believe in god, wants to kill us all, takes are jobs and women. Right? At least that's what my preature said last night when we were rigging the firebomb at the local abortion clinic.

10. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

No more than people think I am a screming commie liftist stalinist pinko.

Don't take it personally B2TM, you are a pleasure to have debate with.:)

11. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I second that... quite a lot of intensity and passion and emotion, not a lot of reason or perspective. The military trains a person to be unthinking, to do as they are told. I'm not sure what kind of mark that's made on B2tM, if any, but it doesn't seem to me like the kind of mindset that holds critical thinking in high regard.

12. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

I dont think you are any of those things, but the question is, do you think you are?

-GaBe-O

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

You get accused of being a blind follower of America because the current president is conservative and you happen to agree with him a lot of the time. The thing that gets me is that the people saying that to you would most likely be blindly following Gore if he was in office.

14. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, I followed Clinton when he was in office, because he was my President. I did not follow him blindly, but nor do I follow Bush blindly. I follow the President in his endevors, because I feel that I should. Now if I disagree, I will, but if I agree I will.

You have to remember I have a degree in Political Science, and military history, so I am a hawk.

15. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I'm not the one who needs convincing of that :p

You may be hawkish, I never really noticed since I tend to agree with you a lot.

16. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

im down with ya.

i have the utmost respect for anyone that has been or is in americas military.

most the time i agree with you b2tm.

im just more of a mellow charachter on the threads i guess... when i do post.

you are very bold. thats cool too me.

rock

17. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

I agree with jello.

I think it;s good that you have your views, and i'd never take 'em away from you. But I do think you're SO wrong. SICKLY wrong. ;)

That said, 2 dollar ibook = moxiemike conversion. ;) ;) ;) ;)

But yea. I do respect that you were in the military. Do I think you blindly go along with the right? Sure. about as much as I blindly go along with the left.

We alllllll do it. ;)

m

18. King Cobra macrumors 603

So it's another case to agree to disagree? :p

>-Moxie, enough winks!

You and eye need to get to know each other. :cool:

19. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

...or at least paying customers. ;)

We know you're passionate about your beliefs, and that's fine. The Iraq debate is a no-win for anyone at this point.

20. King Cobra macrumors 603

Guys, politics and Bush isn't even the problem here.

The problem is Backdawg should be celebrating his wife's birthday, instead of discussing politics like this. :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

How's it going? :cool:

21. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

-B

The road trip I went on a few weeks ago taught me a lot about who "Americans" really are. Americans, in the bulk of their numbers live just like Canadians or Frenchmen: They have their brand of Christianity, their hunting rifle and their agro-business.

Most Americans have the relative luxury of having lived for quite a long time with no threat to their lives from warfare. Americans have forgotten what it's like to live any other way than they do and are easily disturbed by other ideas. Not all of this is a simple result of rural living.

Americans also carry the torch of the democratic egalitarian state and even at their worst, individuals will show that they can place principal above ego. At worst Americans simply do not understand the kind of fear-based living that is the norm in so many places.

This is where the wierd things start:

Though there is an innosence and grace to the American identity there is also an easily tapped sense of National honor that, at times can become the target of intense propoganda.

Americans, for the most part haven't changed since 1975..... only the Truck models have changed and Aunt Mae carries a cellphone and answers email. The Tech revolution meant no more to them than any other boom in the past where a generation would be duped out of land, cash or savings.

B2TM: You are an American. With all the faults and all the honor that carries. You are a Patriot. And for that, you are forgiven your excentricities. You are a Father.... For that you are forgiven your anger.

Basically: I respect you as a man but I take a distinctly different view of Vice crime, rehabilitation and core-belief issues like Abortion and stem Cells.
    ;) :D

22. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, other than the fact that I am still at work. Have not seen the family in 3 days. We are going to celebrate the wifes birthday on Saturday.

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

they do already. quite a sad looking couple also

moxie, you said "2 dollar ibook"... just wanted to point out your typo.

you meant "1 dollar tibook"

you're welcome in advance.

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(mischief) At worst Americans simply do not understand the kind of fear-based living that is the norm in so many places.

If these "other places" were "normal", we wouldn't have Ooh Sh*tta. Or are we normal and everyone else is not? What normal is exactly is much like the question of what is art? There isn't a correct answer, except only to one's personal opinion.

It may be work, Back, but it's worth it. You not working with S*tan here, so there's an up. :D

Anyways, give my regards to the family...Mr. Right Wing. And take a coffee break. You'll need it to continue making the political thread just another classic MacRumors Political Thread (with caps). :p

25. King Cobra macrumors 603

Ahh, I forgot about the drunk "Team Wink" for a minute there. I guess I already miss the avatars. :rolleyes: :p