Is Best Buy the only store getting 360's on the 18th?

Discussion in 'Games' started by G5Unit, Dec 15, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
    Is walmart getting them too? Or stores like target, sears, kmart? I feel like I am turning MR into 360MR.:D
  2. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
  3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    I'm not sure but I sure do hope Gamestop gets there shipment soon
  4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I've only heard of Best Buy getting them in. I'd check with your local Walmart tomorrow to see if they got the shipments in also.
  5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    canada gets some i guess

now the shipment supposedly arrives tomorrow but its debatable weather or not they will go on sale then or the 18th

Best Buy Store Locator/# of units
  6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    I was told buy someone that bought a camera at Ritz Camera that they will have a few but aren't in any of the adds. Not sure if it's true but the places that I wouldn't think would have any have, never know :rolleyes:
  7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    my friends is doing an overnight stay in a Bestbuy lot to try and get a 360 lol i laughed at him :)
  8. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    As soon as all the hoopla dies down and they are available without having to camp out I'm gonna have to get one. I watched the PGR 3 commercial about 10 times last night using replay on my DVR. Amazing :eek: I've been a sim racer since Nascar 2 on TEN (Total Entertainment Network) back in like '98. FINALLY a good console racing game with a cockpit view in Hi-Def. And I can race on-line. Just gotta figure out where to connect my wheel :D
  9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2004
    Kushiel's Scion
    On the 18th, Best Buy is the only store that will have them in any meaningful supply. The reasons are four-fold:

1) Best Buy has been hoarding stock of 360s for the past two weeks, as per an internal memo. Each store will have at least 20 360s.

2) Best Buy has an 18th ad that features the 360 prominently. Hence the hoarding of stock. :)

3) Best Buy is the 360 launch partner of Microsoft. BB gets larger from-the-factory allocations than any other retailer.

4) Other stores continue to get weekly and daily shipments from their distribution warehouses, but because there's no reasoning behind it, you could walk into random Wal Mart or Circuit City at 8am and find seven 360s sitting on the shelf. It's totally random (and a waste of time).

Personally, I think BB's plan is genius. If you *really* want a 360 and didn't get one on launch, this second "launch" makes it pretty easy to get one. You know when and where you need to go: your level of commitment to stand in line is up to you.
  10. cvalda macrumors member

Nov 27, 2005
    chicago, il
    My BB is getting 104 systems :O

It's going to take a lot of restraint to make me not go over there and charge it to my new credit card... Ugh, the temptation!