Is bush drinking again?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SPG, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Listeners Notice a Few 'Flaws' in Bush's Campaign Speeches
    From a Times Staff Writer

September 7, 2004

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. — President Bush's bout with the English language continued Monday, when he offered a surprising explanation of what gynecologists might do with their patients if not for pesky malpractice lawsuits.

"Too many good docs are getting out of business," Bush said. "Too many OB-GYNS aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

It's not clear what Bush meant to say, but it was presumed that he misspoke. The statement came as he attacked his Democratic opponents, Sens. John F. Kerry and John Edwards, for siding with trial lawyers over doctors in the battle to limit lawsuits.

Bush has a well-known history of such gaffes and poked fun at his own verbal "flaws" during his speech last week at the Republican National Convention.

The "love" reference followed another bit of odd phrasing two days earlier during a Saturday speech at an Erie, Pa., football stadium. There, he was explaining last year's $87-billion appropriation for "armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel" for Iraq and Afghanistan.

He did not intend to be macabre. Bush simply flubbed his usual line, explaining that the money was intended for — among other things — body armor and spare parts. ​

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/2004/la-na-love7sep07,1,7808050.story?coll=la-news-elect2004

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh but mention the 'I voted for the $87B...' line and the red meat conservatives all want to jump on that gaffe. Dubya gets a pass though. He MUST have meant something else. Kerry was obviously flip-flopping.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is where the Kerry campaign is doing such a poor job in message management. Every time the Bush campaign accuses him of flip-flopping, Kerry needs to fire back with one of Bush's 180 degree course changes. As of now, Kerry is giving Bush an undeserved political advantage.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

[rightwingstyletalkradiomode]It sounds to me like Bush and the conservatives are advocating doctors rape their patients. That's the difference between them and us folks. We're compassionate people who want to help, and these guys want to permit forcible rape of women seeking medical treatment. I mean, come on. Practice your love? There's only one thing that means, and we for once get to see the real thinking of these people. They let their mask slip once in a while folks, and you get to see what they really are like.[/rightwingstyletalkradiomode]

:D

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That sounds way to realistic for my taste. You're scaring me there, fella.