Is Civ3 good?

Discussion in 'Games' started by derthballs, Nov 20, 2005.

1. derthballs macrumors member

Ive recently switched from PC to mac, obviously i had a plethora of games to play on the pc, the problem was I had so many and bought loads that i never actually played any of them for more than 5 minutes.

Mac Games are expensive - especially in the UK, so when i buy a game i want to be something ill play, is Civ 3 worth purchasing when Civ 4 isnt too far away for us all?

Is AOE3 coming to mac too? I made the right decision switching to mac (i spent probably £3000 per year buying and selling bits for my pc to end up with the same spec or slightly better) but id still like to get involved in a game for the mac.

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Civ III is a "good" game, but I personally liked Civ II the best.

From what I hear, Civ IV will kind of combine Civ II with Civ III and some new improved graphics and game play.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Even if you like Civ III, you should still wait a little, because in December, Aspyr will come out with "Civ III - Complete" including the expansions.

I'd rather wait for Civ IV thought except your Mac isn't powerful enough.

4. derthballs thread starter macrumors member

It should be, it would meet the requirements of the pc version, surely a G5 2.1ghz and x600xt should be man enough to play civ4?

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Yes, definitely.