Is Corey Clark telling the truth?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lacero, May 5, 2005.

1. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I missed ABC's "Fallen Idol" that aired May 4, 2005. Not that I really cared what happened, but to anyone who watched the show, was your impression that Paula Abdul actually had a fling with him?

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I think the answering machine message is as close to a smoking gun as there is in this case. Even though this guy does not strike me as a Boy Scout, I think she really did have some sort of fling with him and is now desperately trying to cover it up.

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I agree that if that was really her voice on the voicemail message (and it did sound like her), that something's up.

As for the question of whether it matters or not, I'm leaning towards "not". If it had been one of the male judges messing around with one of the female contestants, it would be a different story; but for the most part, people like Paula, even if she is a little nuts. Corey Clark strikes me much more as an opportunistic loser trying to sell a book than as a victim. The show's as popular as it's ever been, and I suspect that the controversy is only helping ratings.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Huh!?!
    Why is that?? What makes it different?

Actually, I don't think it really matters one way or the other. The show is entertainment, not a Presidential election. Let her stay regardless. The show is hopeless fluff and hype, and something to generate water cooler talk, which it does in abundance. This just adds more flavor.

Having said that, I don't condone her alleged actions, I just don't think they matter to the shows credibility one bit because the show isn't built on credibility. It is a popularity contest.

BTW - Carrie is awesome
    Not that I watch the silly show :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

To be clear: I'm not talking about what's fair or not fair, I'm talking about real life in these here United States. It's called a double standard and it's alive and well. If there was even a hint of evidence that, say, Simon had been carrying on with Carrie Underwood, he would be off the show immediately. I just don't anticipate any repercussions for Paula, even if the allegations prove to be true.

I was glad to see Gangsta Scott go, and hope Anthony will join him next week. Not that I watch that silly show either.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i suppose this is reality tv at its best, and i suppose these are also some of the reasons why i no longer have cable or anything hooked up to my tv besides a dvd player :cool: :rolleyes:

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I Corey was really having an affair with Simon... :rolleyes:

More Reality-TV stupidity.

8. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I caught that last night when I was taking a break from working. Pretty convincing, in my opinion. I think that there was something going on, but unless Paula Abdul admits it, we'll never know the truth. It really doesn't matter a whole lot to me, to be honest. In fact, I'd go as far as to tell him congrats on shacking up with Paula Abdul.

For some reason, I agree with the fact that it would be different if it was one of the guy judges. Not to me, but to the public. I think that for some reason, the public would care a lot more if it came out that Simon or Randy(?) was doing something behind closed doors, and if it was with another man, forget about it, we would never hear the end of that crap. I wouldn't care any which way personally, what right have I got to judge that? Just talking about general public opinion.

Whether it happened or not, it's still a publicity stunt to get some notariety for his new book and cd that are coming out. I have no doubt about that. It's perfect timing for that.

My question herein is this:
    Why do we care so much who sleeps with who? Why do we care so much in general, really?

But anyway. That's just my 2 cents.

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Because even if nothing improper occurred, it's the mere APPEARANCE of impropriety that's enough to get people started. Regardless of the fact that it's the audience vote that keeps people on the show or gets them voted off, one of the judges was (probably) sleeping with one of the contestants. It doesn't matter whether it was Paula, Randy, or Simon. Kwame Jackson, of the first season of The Apprentice, was canned as a judge for the Miss Universe (or was it Miss World?) pageant merely because he WAVED at some of the contestants across a hotel lobby. I'm not saying the standard has to be THAT strict, but certainly no host of a game show or other televised contest should be fraternizing with one of the contestants. It's not the same as the Twenty One scandal of the 50s, but it's still not a good thing to have happen.

10. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

You bring up a good point, though I kinda meant in the general scheme of things as opposed to the context of a contest. It does indeed compramise the integrity of the contest.

I think as a people, we are far to concerend with sex.

11. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Between shows Judges help the contestants. So he got more help from Paula. Even if there was something I don't see anything to complain about.

I heard the tape on the radio and it just said don't talk to the media... duh...

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This guy is obviously looking for some more 15 minutes of fame, If he slept with her I give him props, If not he's just a loser. Either way he got what he was after, TV time.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Another human being that should attempt to become a living Darwin Award attemptee, or better yet a winner. :rolleyes: