1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

is Fios easy to set up with a mac?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by davelanger, Dec 9, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Is Fios easy to set up with a mac? I want to switch to fios but I just want to make sure there will not be any issues since I have a mac and it always seems the tech guys never know what to do when there is a mac involved. Its a mac pro and not a laptop if that matters.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Fios really has nothing to do with OS X or Windows. As long as they give you a modem with an ethernet port you should be fine.

3. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There are many threads on here on this issue. As I recall, there have been issues when using an Airport router with their modem. Set up the Airport in bridge mode to avoid issues.

4. macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks I want to use ethernet anyways so I guess i will be fine

5. macrumors regular

Welcome to FiOS ! Its awesome. I use a few different routers on my FiOS service and my wife's MAC connects to the FiOS router just fine with wireless without making any special changes to it.

6. macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I am saying 70 bucks a month for more stations (better quality) and faster internet, over comcast.

7. macrumors 6502

Working well for me with a FIOS network, including MOCA converters for wired Ethernet over cable wiring.