Is Halle Berry... an alien??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macette, Dec 11, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2002
    Yesterday, after many months of having a Jaguar disk that didn't work (and that Apple refused replace) I finally got a working copy. I backed up all my stuff, then booted from the CD.

I used the Disk Utility to ERASE THE HARD DRIVE AND REFORMAT. So everything was gone. Then I clicked 'install'.

After it installed, I restarted, and it was all perfect. It really flies.
    Then I realised that I'd forgotten to back up the Desktop Patterns part of the Library, which it annoying, because I'd just got a whole lot of Halle Berry desktops and was enjoying them. But what the hell - you always lose something.

So this morning, I thought I'd go looking for some new desktops, downloaded a few from (great site) and went to put them on my desktop. When I did that, I discovered that there is STILL a folder called 'Halle!' in the desktop picture folders - even though there are no pix, and doing a search on my drive for the word 'Halle' doesn't reveal anything (except for 'Hallelujiah.mp3!)

How did this happen!!?? I ERASED THE DRIVE. EVERYTHING! I simply do not understand how there can still be a Halle folder. It's gone.

Is Halle Berry.... an alien?
  2. macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    you have to reboot after you format...then install. otherwise it doesnt work properly. in fact i would recommend you do so the right way this time, because i did this too and my jaguar took about 3 weeks and then it was dogslow.