Is Halo real?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You may or may not know, but there's a copy of Halo for Mac making the rounds. Anyone know whether it's real or not? I don't want to download hundreds of megs only to find that it's something else.

Mods: Feel free to delete this thread if you feel it's promoting piracy.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No. Firstly, it's gone. Secondly, that's blatantly breaking the rules and I don't want to be banned or anything.

Edit: It's been proven to be a fake.

4. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

halo for the mac exists it's on apples staff picks list

5. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Yeah, its real. REAL BAD.

I am posting too many negative posts today.

6. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yes, I know it exists, I was just wondering whether the copy that was floating around was real or not. It turns out that it wasn't.

7. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Trust me dude, lower your expectations. It is a good game, but I think only the multiplayer will be remembered in a few years.

8. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

There is a demo floating around if thats what your talking about.

But the game comes out next month so i don't know why folks can't wait another week or so.

9. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No, it wasn't a demo. The copy I found claimed to be the full game for Mac. But it was fake.

10. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

It was a fake... trust me.

Halo is gonna be good. Its worth the buy just for the graphics, (if your 'puter can handle it).

11. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

hey i saw a perfectly legal halo for mac...some days back on a website...it was a preorder....and strangely..i was tryin to look for that site today...couldnt remember...but it was surely there...

abhi

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

remind me what halo ran seemlessly on 3 and a half years ago in a demonstation by bungie

g3 350 mhz?
    macs cant handle games? balls the just need to be developed for them and they'll run better faster and smother than the pc ports

me:

Attached Files:

13. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

This is part of the reason not many people make games for the Mac, because asholes try and download them. I can take a certain amount of people illegally downloading music, but downloading games just pisses me off. Two games I was really looking forward to have been cancelled because of pirating. NFS on the Mac and Babylon 5 star fighter on the PC. Remember, part of the reason the Dreamcast and Mac versions of Half Life were cancelled because they feared too many people would pirate them.

14. jevel macrumors regular

Are you saying that Mac people pirate more than PC people? I think you're wrong here. The reason why we see so little Mac games is that the number of Mac gamers are so low. Easy as that.

-KJ

15. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Lets not start up that argument again...

Why was there no demo of Halo for mac? I never saw one, and if there was, why did it get tossed. I am so curious to try it out! I'm sure I'll buy it anyway.

16. jevel macrumors regular

Ooops. Sorry! Did I say something wrong? Didn't realise, as I'm a bit fresh to Mac and what can / cannot be discussed about it. :)

When it comes to Halo, I expect to be disappointed. The PC version sucked hard. I ran it on my desktop rig (P4 rev. C 3.0GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800PRO), and at times it lagged like hell @ 1280x1024! Seems to be an issue with the porting.

-KJ

17. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

jevel, it doesn't matter. don't worry about saying something like that. It's jsut that that topic has been debated sooo often, and theres even a thread for it, that I'm sick of hearing about it. No worries man, you didn't say anythign wrong :)

18. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

i wonder what stores will get them first?

i hear they are shipping TODAY (11th)...

wonder if the Apple Stores will have them in by Saturday? or Microcenter...

hmmm - need to get me some of this.

19. justytylor macrumors newbie

Just got my copy

Ordered it from the Apple Store, and it shipped yesterday. Quite sweet, and I'm pretty satisfied with the gameplay on my 1.6 GHz G5 (stock GeForce card). I want to try it on my PowerBook 667 at home just to see how low I have to set the quality to get it to play!