Is iLife '04 shipping with all new macs?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AlbinoPigeon, Feb 1, 2004.

1. AlbinoPigeon macrumors member

Jan 1, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    I want to buy a new iBook in the next few days and I was wondering if it would come with iLife '04.

On the tech specs for all their models it says either iTunes, iMovie, and iPhoto...or those 3 AND iDVD (if it comes with a superdrive). But nothing about Garageband or the words "iLife '04."

So...has anyone recently recieved their mac computer order and did it come with iLife '04?

It may be just me, but I thought SJ said it would come with all new macs.

I just hate the idea of having to buy it for $19US after the fact when i'm laying down $2000CDN for a new iBook.
  2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

Jan 15, 2003
    51st State of America
    I just bought an emac last saturday and the woman on th end of the phone assured me that ilife 04 would ship with the machine.

It didn't... just today i got it, after paying for it seperatly through the up to date program.

So not yet then...
  3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I got it with my PB three weeks ago. It was not installed, but in a separate package that I had to install.

I picked mine up at the Cincinnati Apple Store.
  4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

Sep 6, 2003

iLife '04 Applications To Be Included with Macs in Early February

On January 6, 2004, Apple announced iLife '04, the next generation of Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications. The new iLife '04 applications—iPhoto 4, iMovie 4, iDVD 4, iTunes 4.2, and GarageBand—will begin shipping with new Macs in early February.
    Until that transition is complete, an iLife Up-To-Date upgrade package is available for a shipping and handling fee of $19.95 (US) to all customers who purchase a new Mac on or after January 6 that does not include iLife '04. For complete details about the program, please visit
    iLife '04 leads the industry in allowing consumers to easily organize their photos, manage their music collection, create movies, author DVDs, and now create music. If your customers purchase a new Mac without iLife '04, be sure to tell them about the iLife Up-To-Date package.