Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garyx24

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
2gsefbq.png

Lasted me a full day with GPS and taking pics. I also fetch with 2 email accounts and mostly use LTE

kot

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2011
I had no compaints about battery life when I was on 7.0 on my iPhone 5, but since upgrading to 7.0.2 my battery life is like halved. I don't want to restore the phone as new (too much to install and setup after) and what else to try I have no idea. Maybe a reboot.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
The battery life is better on cellular lasting the promised 8 hours of web browsing.

However, it is worse on WiFi getting the same 8 hours but less than 10 hours on iOS 6.

Anandtech noticed this too and the iPhone 5C which is the same as the iPhone 5 scores just 8.5 hrs in the Wifi browsing test, 2 hours less than the iPhone 5 with iOS 6.

If you are on Cellular most of the time, you won't notice a difference. Those on Wifi most of the time will notice.

So yes, battery life is worse and hopefully will be sorted in the next upgrade or too.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My battery life has dropped 40% since installing iOS7. I've done four clean installs now, setting up as a new phone the past couple of times and there's still no improvement. I have every single battery saving option selected in settings. I have no idea why some people are reporting good battery life and yet mine is horrific.

----------

The battery life is better on cellular lasting the promised 8 hours of web browsing.

However, it is worse on WiFi getting the same 8 hours but less than 10 hours on iOS 6.

Anandtech noticed this too and the iPhone 5C which is the same as the iPhone 5 scores just 8.5 hrs in the Wifi browsing test, 2 hours less than the iPhone 5 with iOS 6.

If you are on Cellular most of the time, you won't notice a difference. Those on Wifi most of the time will notice.

So yes, battery life is worse and hopefully will be sorted in the next upgrade or too.

I only ever used to get 8.5 hours of WiFi browsing on iOS6 and on 3G that figure would be nearer 5 hours. On iOS7 I get 6 hours of WiFi browsing and 3.5 hours on 3G. Terrible!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.