Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Did I miss the part where Steve announced where it was coming to Verizon?:confused:

even if he did that doesn't change the fact that A) ATT is the only authorized GSM provider of the iPhone in the US and B) It won't work on VZ in it's current state.

im asking because they goona be for sell without a contract for 599 and 699

That's so you can buy it and not have to reset your contract for two years. The phone will be locked to ATT , officially, forever as far as ATT is concerned. They won't give you an unlock code.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008

That is mainly for people who do not want to worry about having upgrade issues or are not eligible at all for an upgrade.

I know that some people use it on T-Mobile by unlocking it, but that is about it.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina

Normally, you have to be an existing AT&T subscriber to get a non-commitment iPhone early on. For instance, the last couple of years, around Mar is when they let the previously released model be openly sold to anyone. Yes it will still be locked to AT&T.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Yes, it may, current outlook unlikely, come out for Verizion later this year.

I honestly can not see Apple doing this this year. They usually do not make such big announcements outside of the keynote in June. It would be unlike them to do such a thing.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Even if you buy without a contract it is STILL locked to AT&T.
You'll need to perform some kind of hack to unlock it in order to use it on another carrier, which would then void your warrantee and is risky to begin with.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Sure you can buy it without a contract and use it on Verizon in the fall..............................

J/K

:eek:

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah, I agree. As much as I would love love love to see a Verizon iPhone this year, my sights are set on next year's WWDC.

Plus, I am not sure what is going on with Verizon's 4G network, but I would think that a lot of customers from AT&T would be pissed if they have been loyal for four plus years and do not get the first announcement of the 4G iPhone (if it comes out next year). I mean, what makes them so special? :D

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
so will have to wait for an iphone ios 4 jailbrake and unlock? do guys thinks there will be one? its that i live in mexico and use telcel gsm and they also have the new microsim's now :DD

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
so will have to wait for an iphone ios 4 jailbrake and unlock? do guys thinks there will be one? its that i live in mexico and use telcel gsm and they also have the new microsim's now :DD

The JB for iOS4 already exists and will be released very shortly after the official release of iOS4.

The JB and UL of iPhone 4 is up in the air. I think I remember the Dev Team claiming they are holding on to an exploit from the 3GS they hope will work on iPhone 4. Part of the reason the 3GS wasn't hacked in the later basebands, the DevTeam didn't want to give Apple the chance to "plug the hole."

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
WWDC 2011, 2012, 2013... time will tell till then the iPhone Verizon threads will still be here! :eek:

What I do not seem to really understand is all that crap about AT&T having 97% of customers and Verizon having 3% or something like that. Are all 3% of those customers on these boards? I surely feel out-numbered. :D

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
cool nice thany you for evrything
just need to go to san diego get my iphone and wait for the unlock
algo someone is goona buy my iphone 3g 16gb for 300 is that a good price?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.