is it a good time for a iPod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by warcraftmaster, Aug 23, 2004.

1. warcraftmaster macrumors regular

is it a good time for a iPod i think it is. but i was gone for 2 months so am out of the loop a bit. i going to order it today :eek: a 40gb g4 iPod

p.s: does any one know any Promo Savings codes it would help :confused:

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

They were just updated, so as far as getting every last second out of it before a newer model replaces it it's a very good time to buy.

3. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

4. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yes get an ipod now cram and jam is still up if you want to add to your ipod a powerbook/ibook... :)

5. Sven071 macrumors newbie

I got my ipod when i got my pb, i have had no problems with it , i bring it with me everywhere...... i dont know how i got along without it. Once you get one, you will wonder why you didnt get one earlyer.

6. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Now is a great time to buy (and the 4G iPods are great buys), so go right ahead.

As for the concerns expressed by iPodlounge, let's just say they're on an iPod Witch Hunt. The "audio problem" they claim to have found in tons of new iPods isn't really a problem, it's a "problem," something that could cause a really minor annoyance if you do a series of things to trigger the "problem."

<classy dramatization>
    "Hey, if I do this, my iPod makes a noise!"
    "Hey, my iPod makes noises!"
    "So does mine!"
    "Oh my gosh! My iPod clicks! Me too! Me too!"
    "BURN THE WITCH!!"
    </classy dramatization>

iPodlounge is a great website for all sorts of really great iPod information, reviews, and discussions, but they're obsessive in finding things wrong with the iPod.