Is it bad if you plug in the speaker's jack into Line-In instead of Head phone port?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by YS2003, Aug 4, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I sometimes plug in a wrong hole with my computer speaker's jack by mistake. I meant to plug it into my PB's head phone jack for external speakers; but, I miss my aim and put it into InLine port instead (and plug it out quickly for the head phone port). Is it bad for PB by putting in the wrong jack to In Line port? Usually PC's head phone port is color coded in green; but, PB does not color-code its head phone jack.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

3. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Careful! One wrong move and the thing might blow up on ya! :eek: :p

Just kidding, no worries dude. Absolutely harmless ;)

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Be careful. It can suck all the sound out of your room. If you fall and need to call for help you won't be able to.

6. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

If you are putting a 1/4" headphone jack into the 1/8" hole, then yes you might have a problem........the end result of hooking up your headphones into the line in is that your headphone diaphram would act as a microphone if you were use the line in to record sound.

7. St Soichiro macrumors regular

Now that sounds nasty :D

8. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I didn't think too much at at the time of writing; now that you mentioned it, I would have put it into much better phrases. Because PB is a sexy beauty in the notebook design, my mind might have been drifted to that subconsciously. Anyway, it is good to hear mixing up these two ports do not do any harm to PB.