Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morrison23j

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
South Williamsport
I just ordered my 15" powerbook last night and I find myself constantly looking to see if they shipped it yet. No I just checked again and it still has not shipped. The waiting is aweful. I cant wait to see the delivery man pull up. Anyway's I chose two day shipping, so when should I expect it I bought it a 1:23 am last night. I hope to have it by the weekend. By the way here is what I got.

15.2 inch display
1.33GHz PowerPC G4 w/64MB VRAM
512MB DDR333
60GB Ultra ATA
Combo Drive
Country Kit/AirPort Extreme
BkLit Keyboard

I decided not to get the superdrive because I'm only going to be burning dvd's at home and for 180 dollars(edu dis.) I can get a better external that can do RW's as well. By the way this is my first mac. My family has been proud, that's right proud PC users. I'm going against my whole family. They said get a dell its cheaper( yeah cheaply made).

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Haha Morrison,

Looks like you're suffering from 'order-status-itis', a terrible affliction that renders the subject almost useless and vacant until the page is updated... the common symptom of all sufferers is, in the words of artists more eloquent than I, that 'the waiting drove me mad...'

I don't blame you at all - here I am sitting at work waiting for the order status on my iPod Mini (surely any day now!) and iPod to update - even though they probably won't for a few days. When I ordered my Powerbook last month, the whole process only took a week for the package to arrive but everyday I sat waiting checking the page - you can't let it roam inside your head ;)

Congratulations on the buy - you'll love it! And I'm sure it'll be there soon enough - hopefully you won't be a mess when it arrives :)

aphexist

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2003
It looks like you selected some customized options, so they will have to "build" your PB.

I would not expect it for the weekend.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Morrison23j said:
I just ordered my 15" powerbook last night and I find myself constantly looking to see if they shipped it yet. No I just checked again and it still has not shipped. The waiting is aweful. I cant wait to see the delivery man pull up. Anyway's I chose two day shipping, so when should I expect it I bought it a 1:23 am last night. I hope to have it by the weekend. By the way here is what I got.

15.2 inch display
1.33GHz PowerPC G4 w/64MB VRAM
512MB DDR333
60GB Ultra ATA
Combo Drive
Country Kit/AirPort Extreme
BkLit Keyboard

I decided not to get the superdrive because I'm only going to be burning dvd's at home and for 180 dollars(edu dis.) I can get a better external that can do RW's as well. By the way this is my first mac. My family has been proud, that's right proud PC users. I'm going against my whole family. They said get a dell its cheaper( yeah cheaply made).
Congrats!

I know that it is a hard move being the first Mac user in a group of devoted PC users.

Welcome to the fold!

Sushi

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
Same thing happened and happening again

I went thru the same thing when I got my PowerBook 12" last xmas. And now yet again I find my self the same way. Still need to pay for my new G5 that I just bought yesterday. But man I can't wait to open it and start using it. Bought it from someone online, will be paying with escrowse.com service. i like the idea they have seems pretty good. Anyone used it before? Any input will be appreciated and I'll say something after I'm done with this deal.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
FYI, it appears that 2-day shipments in the U.S. get picked up by FedEx around 11:00 p.m. PST. So any FedEx tracking information will probably not be available until then. This may help keep your refreshing of the status page down to a minimum.

xaphonyx

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2004
las Vegas
I just ordered a new dual 2.0 g5 with a gig of ram, and the new 20in acd. so i know exactly how you feel, congratulations on your purchase.

BTW Once your family members see your new powerbook, im sure you will be able to convert them all.

GotNoMac

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2004
WARNING!

iBert said:
I went thru the same thing when I got my PowerBook 12" last xmas. And now yet again I find my self the same way. Still need to pay for my new G5 that I just bought yesterday. But man I can't wait to open it and start using it. Bought it from someone online, will be paying with escrowse.com service. i like the idea they have seems pretty good. Anyone used it before? Any input will be appreciated and I'll say something after I'm done with this deal.

WARNING!

This web site - escrowse.com - appears to be a rip-off. It appears it is NOT an escrow service at all, but is solely intended to get the buyer's money - and keep it! It is unlikely that any legitimate seller would use this "so called" escrow service. In all likelihood, the people who are supposed to be selling you goods and the people who are responsible for escrowse.com are EXACTLY THE SAME PEOPLE!

If you believe that it is a genuine transaction, write back to the seller and recommend using escrow.com instead - it is a REAL escrow service, and it is recommended by ebay.

Use due diligence in ALL on-line transactions. Research all merchants, sellers or intermediaries BEFORE you send any funds or personal information.

On-line commerce is a great way to get REAL great deals - but you have to use appropriate caution.

Good luck with your on-line purchases!

GotNoMac!

P.S. As my user name might indicate - I've really got no Macs. I only registered on this forum so that I could post a warning about this bogus escrow site. I'm afraid I was too late for iBert, but I hope not.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
WARNING!

This web site - escrowse.com - appears to be a rip-off. It appears it is NOT an escrow service at all, but is solely intended to get the buyer's money - and keep it! It is unlikely that any legitimate seller would use this "so called" escrow service. In all likelihood, the people who are supposed to be selling you goods and the people who are responsible for escrowse.com are EXACTLY THE SAME PEOPLE!

He's right. I read something about this site.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Well, Mac user or not, it's good to see someone put for that kind of effort. Hope it all works out...

complete

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2004
escrowse.com

hey whats up guys this is my first post. i was gonna buy a g4 powerbook and i ran into escrowse.com, and thought it was kinda fishy, so i searched and foun this site. thanks guys. i filled out the registration but did not complete the transaction. is there any harm that they can do with my info. im pretty sure there is . i need your guys' help for what to do to protect myself????? any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.