Is it just me? [iMac G5]

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iEric, Jul 16, 2005.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

I just got an iMac a week or two ago and it seems that sometimes the screen seems to flicker. It's not MAJOR flickering, but minor flickering.
    Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
    Does the warrenty cover this? (The bad thing, though, is that it only happens some of the times!! So if I brought it in, and it doesn't flicker, then I have to lug it all the way back home.)

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I have noticed that my screen on my 20" iMac G5 will dim itself after a few seconds after waking from sleep. Other than that, my screen never flickers.

I would recommend taking your iMac in. What you're describing could be a symtom of a larger problem.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

sometimes in safari when loading a page, the whole window seems to shake/jump a bit..... I think its because of the 10.4.2 update....

4. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i still have like 11.5 months to bring it in :p so i'll wait til then. I'll wait till the 10th month. :D

YES i am THAT lazy...unless the flickering starts to get REALLY bad.

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, when this happens is anything else in your home going on such as TV going on/off or any other electrical interference? I just wonder if it's from spikes or low voltage thats all. Hope it doesn't just quit working on you.

6. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Do you have a speaker system that isn't protected.

If not then jsut run it to the ground. Keep your stuff backed up. And don't drop it or anything like that. Keep that warranty valid and if you run into any problems you'll have no trouble getting the computer fixxed.