Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I received a brand-new 2016 rMB earlier today, and as I was setting it up, I noticed how I kept on getting my password wrong for my Apple ID. Somehow I managed to get it right after a couple tries, and I opened up Notes to see whether there was a keyboard issue.

I noticed that I have to press the left shift key in a certain manner - more specifically, I need to press the key as close to the center as possible. Pressing it down at the left or right did not activate it when I tried to type an uppercase letter. However, the right shift key seemingly works as intended; I can press the left or right side of the key, or the center, and I get all the capital letters I want.

Did I receive a defective unit?

apb87

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
I haven't noticed that issue on mine, so you might try stopping by and letting them look at it, or replace.

WickedPorter

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
I haven't noticed that issue on mine, so you might try stopping by and letting them look at it, or replace.

I can hit mine all over (left, center, right) even at very light pressure and it works fine. Apple will make it right, typically very quickly. I'd stop by an Apple Store (make an appointment) and have them take a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.