is it just me or....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jermsmingy, Sep 2, 2002.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

has anyone else had jaguar crash on them? I have had jaguar installed since the 23rd and it has crashed twice. 10.1 crashed on me once and I had it since the saturday after it was public. I was impressed when jaguar first came out, but now I am not sure that it is completely finished. I mean the windows networking still has a few kinks and ichat has some kinks that really need to be addressed. Word launches faster under jaguar but it glitches a heck of a lot more. The battery on my TiBook doesnt' caculate the time sometimes and it told me my computer was running on reserve battery when it was 75% full. Sherlock sometimes doesn't open the channels and it drops them. Oh and my word it takes forever to shut down. It almost reminds me of XP in that aspect. Apple if you are reading this. I don't care how long it takes for my computer to start up, but I want my computer to shutdown in 2 seconds like it used to.

On the other hand I am glad that I can see pc's and that usb print sharing is back. I am glad to see more options in the energy saver for us laptop users but I wish they would add all the ones they had in os 9. Spring loaded folders is very nice and I am happy to have that back. I don't know. I guess I would have been happy to wait a few more weeks and have a product that was bullet proof.

That is my 2 cents

2. jermsmingy thread starter macrumors regular

make that 3 times

My mac crashed again on me that is 3 times in less than 2 weeks. I shutdown everynight and start it up every morning. I don't know what is going on. I did a clean install when I installed jaguar. I don't know what the problem could be, except I noticed that twice when it crashed the trackpad on my TiBook started moving really fast and strange. So maybe that has something to do with it. If any of you have had this happen to you reply so I know that I am not the only one.