Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Since the upgrade to macOS Sierra, when i am browsing my photo library in Photo's i seem to be getting a slight delay before the photo loads properly.

Basically when i flick to the next photograph to view it, it appears immediately and looks ok but then about half a second later it all of a sudden brightens up and looks much better, it is as if the photo is taking about half a second to load properly.

Does anyone else get this, i cant remember it happening before, if i switch to my old iPhoto library this doesn't happen.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Can anyone using photos let me know if this happens to you please.

I am using a 2015 MB.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Is it possible that you have iCloud Photo Library activated in Photos/Preferences/iCloud and at the same time have chosen the option "Optimize Mac Storage"? That would explain the delay and changing of the quality because your Mac has to download photos from the cloud that aren't locally stored.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Is it possible that you have iCloud Photo Library activated in Photos/Preferences/iCloud and at the same time have chosen the option "Optimize Mac Storage"? That would explain the delay and changing of the quality because your Mac has to download photos from the cloud that aren't locally stored.
Thanks for the suggestion, but i don't have iCloud Photo Library activated.

Hopefully it might put itself right in the next Sierra update, which i think is coming soon.

If that doesn't work i will look at alternatives or see if it is possible to go back to iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.