Is it normal for the MB to have a small delay to wake up??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

when im not using the computer or in other words leave it unattended with the screen open and it jus goes to sleep mode by itself...is it normal for the macbook to take a little long to wake back up after moving the trackpad or hittig a button???

2. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

how long is a "little long".. mine's pretty quick, but there's a small lag.. nothing unusual though.

4. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

i say 5-8 seconds (dont wanna say 10 seconds..i might scare myself)

5. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

hmm it does seem unusual but not too unusual to be a call for concern. try calling Apple, maybe its supposed to happen or maybe it is something you did. I dont have a MBP so i cant really tell from experience but ive had laptops and they havent taken that long.

6. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Both my macbooks, for the short period of time that they worked correctly anyway, immediately woke up from sleep with maybe 1-2 sec delay. I advise you to thoroughly check your machine several times and if it always takes 5-8 secs then I'd presume something might be up.

7. kristiano macrumors regular

I don't know about the MacBooks but my old iBook took about that time (5-10 secs) to wake up.

What I did was to reformat it.

I assume you have enabled the option to type in password when your laptop wakes up?