Is it possible to bounce junk mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by puffmarvin, Dec 1, 2002.

1. puffmarvin macrumors member

in "mail" for os x, i have my junk mail automatically going into my junk mail folder. big deal. but after it is sent into my junk mail folder i would like it to be bounced back to the sender automatically. i cannot seem to find the option for it under "rules" but there has to be a way. has anyone figured this out or have any ideas? thanks so much!!:)

2. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Sadly it does not bounce back automatically, you must select all the junk and then go to bounce to sender. Most of the time it is bounced back too late, thus they know that the email address does work.

3. puffmarvin thread starter macrumors member

thats what i figured. i was hoping i could use something like... forward to "sender" and that would work. oh well. i only get about one junk mail every week but it still annoys me!

thanks though!

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

one per week is nothing. just set it to delete and don't worry about it :)

i have a question about this, and this seems like a good thread. When i installed mail, i think i deleted the Junk Mail folder as not to confuse RJ, with whom i share the computer, just while we trained Junk. Now i can't get it back. Anyone know how to accomplish this? under Mailbox -> Show -> Junk Mail, it's greyed out... i have junk going to trash right now, but i'd like it going to a nice "official"folder...

:)
    pnw