Is it possible to change the Apple on the menubar?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RMD68, Jan 24, 2007.

1. RMD68 macrumors 6502

I know it's possible to change many of the icons in OSX. What I wanted to know if it was possible to change the blue apple on the main menu-bar to something else like the old colored one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

change it to the windows logo :D lol!!

3. Project Alice macrumors member

Project Alice

I would like to know as well.
    I wonder if its as simple as replacing a picture.
    and do you know how to change the face mac os logo in os 9?

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Doubtful. That's gotta be embedded someplace relatively deep in there... not like the Leopard Dock...lol

5. Project Alice macrumors member

Project Alice

i was able to do it,
    download theme park,
    open the file extras.rsrc located in /system/library/frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/versions/a/resources/extras.rsrc

in thempark type 2030 in the search box, press pxm# then root menu center. drag the image you want to change to the desktop and modify with any program. when it is modified, save it as the same name (over right it) the picture you replace it with must have the same shape apple.
    then drag the picture back to themepark.
    and you have to save that file somewhere, boot into to os 9 if you have it, or any other os and replace the file manually, I had to it in os 9 because os x wounldnt let me modify that folder

also search google to find better instructions if this does not work, but it did for me and now my apple is red, and selected apple is black.