Is it possible to copy files from my library to a folder

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 4nr-, Dec 3, 2006.

1. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

Here's the deal:

I imported a folder containing several artists to my itunes library a while back. Itunes copied all tracks to my itunes music folder under their different artist folders. Now I would like to copy these files back into one folder on my external hard drive. Is it possible to do this through itunes or should I copy them one by one from their different artist folders?

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

It's easy to do that:

Open a Finder window and open the target folder (the folder you want to copy the files to).

Change to iTunes and select all the files you want to copy. (Maybe you want to create a playlist of the items you want to copy and select them all with CMD-A.)

Click on any selected item and drag the files over to the Finder window. (If the Finder window is hidden, use CMD-Tab to change the application!) Release the mouse botton. The files are copied to the target folder.

Does it work?

3. 4nr- thread starter macrumors regular

4nr-

Thank you it worked. I tried it before but it didn't work then possibly because i tried to move to many files at once (601, 1.5gb), so now i did it in two times and it worked.