Is it possible to get MMS without a data plan on your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by albo23, May 22, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

May 22, 2010
    Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.
  2. macrumors member

May 22, 2010
    Not sure with T-Mobile but from what I have seen and heard is that the data plan is required to receive or send any type of multimedia message.
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2009
    Porto, Portugal
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; pt-pt) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess it's possible since MMS uses a specific access point. Try to contact your operator and ask them to give you the access point settings.

I tried to switch off mobile data with unlockit tool ( and I successfully sent and received a MMS with Vodafone Portugal.
  4. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    MMS uses carrier data.
    If you have it blocked or dont have it the MMS wont go thru. It dont work thru wifi.