Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albo23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.

iPhone3Gusr

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Idaho
Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.

Not sure with T-Mobile but from what I have seen and heard is that the data plan is required to receive or send any type of multimedia message.

atmc

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
Porto, Portugal
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; pt-pt) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess it's possible since MMS uses a specific access point. Try to contact your operator and ask them to give you the access point settings.

I tried to switch off mobile data with unlockit tool (http://www.unlockit.co.nz/) and I successfully sent and received a MMS with Vodafone Portugal.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

No.
MMS uses carrier data.
If you have it blocked or dont have it the MMS wont go thru. It dont work thru wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.