Is it possible to get MMS without a data plan on your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by albo23, May 22, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.

2. macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

Not sure with T-Mobile but from what I have seen and heard is that the data plan is required to receive or send any type of multimedia message.

3. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; pt-pt) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess it's possible since MMS uses a specific access point. Try to contact your operator and ask them to give you the access point settings.

I tried to switch off mobile data with unlockit tool (http://www.unlockit.co.nz/) and I successfully sent and received a MMS with Vodafone Portugal.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

No.
    MMS uses carrier data.
    If you have it blocked or dont have it the MMS wont go thru. It dont work thru wifi.