Is it possible to install an AP/BT module in a Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EHUnlucky7x9@ao, Dec 15, 2006.

1. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I'm about to pick up a Mac Mini that's a 1.42Ghz model, 256 RAM... i was wondering if its possible to get it airport and bluetooth enabled w/o any USB adapters. This is the first gen G4 mini's i believe. Anyone have any ideas?

2. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Yes - I did it on mine. You might find it difficult to get hold of the bits, especially now that the G4 has been superceded, but it's not a difficult job. I downloaded the guide from www.ifixit.com

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Also, aquire more RAM if possible. 512 MIN. on PPC Macs, in my opinion.

4. EHUnlucky7x9@ao thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I know its got the stock 256mb PC2700 DDR ram in there... i will be throwing in a 1Gb PC3200 module. But b4 I go about doing that, I want to know where I can buy one of those BT/AP modules that were put into these Mac Mini's. I remember when these MacMini's first came out, they had these modules sold on Ebay, but nowadays, I can't find them. Anyone know where to look for one?

5. twentyone macrumors newbie

I'll have to check today when I go in, but we used to have them at my CompUSA. I'm pretty sure they were for the Mini. I'll let you know what I find out.

6. twentyone macrumors newbie

We did have a couple of them. Bluetooth/Airport Extreme card upgrades for the Mac Mini. If I recall correctly, they were $99.99 each. So you may want to check your local CompUSA. :)

Even if they don't have one, they may be able to transfer one for you.